Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 3/26?

Hello to everyone!

I used up LE MER The Concentrate, and replaced with backup.  Surely an indulgence of mine.  I love how it makes my skin feel, soft and hydrated. For me, it does heal redness, dry (flaky) skin, no breakouts (very sensitive skin), no clogged pores.  I’ve tried many serums, all price ranges, and this one just works for me.  Too bad it’s so darn pricey, but if it works, so be it.

Also used up LE MER moisturizing cream, which I love as well.  Replaced with same.

Finished (32 oz) Philosophy Peppermint Stick 3 in 1 body wash.  

Disappointed scent was barely detectable, also found it to be drying to skin.  I replaced with Aveda 32 oz. Rosemary Mint body wash, and also disappointed scent was weak.  Funny, the travel size bottles are wonderful as far as scent.  I’ve been using this body wash for quite a few years, and now leary about repurchasing.  I also purchased Dr. Bronners Castile Almond Body Wash, and the aroma is so spot on, but I also found it to be a bit drying to.

Used up Two Faced Chocolate Brownie Eyebrow pencils in taupe,

and opened new from stash.  Good price on HSN or QVC, $25 for 2 pack.  This brow pencil (slanted tip) wears very well, and the color is good for me, (med. brown hair color.)

Be well, wishing everyone a safe and pleasant weekend.🙋🏻‍♀️

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Saturday!

This week I used up a bottle of Derma-E Vitamin C serum.  I went back to my old standard Amara Beauty Vit C Serum.   I like the Derma-E -- it's a creamy-ish texture and sinks right in.  Contributes to my complexion looking and feeling healthy.  I've used it several times in the past when there's a hiccup in my auto-ship from Amara.  Right now I can't decide which I like better, the Derma-E from the health food store or the Amara ordered online.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties! I have a good list for me this week. I used up:

Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Waterproof mascara- I had to toss this because it was getting too dry and clumpy. I'm not surprised, I've had it for several months. I have 2 more in my stash but replaced it with a freebie from Ulta to try. If I don't like it I'll break out one of the Essence ones. 

Salon Selectives hair conditioner 22.5oz- I grabbed this from dollar tree as a backup when I was running out of my usual Suave Almond and shea butter. It was okay but I replaced it with the Suave which is my favorite. 

A mini e.l.f. nail polish in a mint green color- I got a set of 20 minis a few years ago for Christmas. This wasn't my favorite color and I'm trying to work thru the last few of them.

A large bottle of bubble bath from the dollar tree in a warm vanilla sugar scent that I used to fill up my soap dispensers at the kitchen and bathroom sinks. When those are empty I will try to find something more of a summer scent to fill them up with. 

Kids used up a bottle of something Suave, I think it was a Suave men's shampoo and body wash combo. They have another extra large bottle of body wash and a smaller bottle of shampoo in their shower 

That's it for me this week, have a great weekend everyone!

Respected Contributor

I used up Fekkai CBD Scalp Soothing Shampoo and Conditioner - I really liked these.  They had no sulfates or silicones but I still got a good lather and my hair was managable.  I have a dry, itchy scalp and these products really helped.  I am going to try to use up by Brazilian Blow Out shampoo and conditioner I got when I had a BB back in September unless the itching really gets to me then I will go back to the Fekkai. 

Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Happy Saturday!

This week I used up a bottle of Derma-E Vitamin C serum.  I went back to my old standard Amara Beauty Vit C Serum.   I like the Derma-E -- it's a creamy-ish texture and sinks right in.  Contributes to my complexion looking and feeling healthy.  I've used it several times in the past when there's a hiccup in my auto-ship from Amara.  Right now I can't decide which I like better, the Derma-E from the health food store or the Amara ordered online.  

@tototwo - Thanks for your review of this Derma E serum. I've been looking for a Vitamin C serum that doesn't make my face feel sticky after I apply it and it sounds like the Derma E might be a good choice. I have used other Derma E products in the past and like them so I was thinking about trying others. Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

DR. BRONNER'S All-One Anise Toothpaste - BLACK - TPAN05 | Tillys

Another tube bites the dust!

This stuff makes me look forward to brushing my teeth. Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

Hello Friends.  This week I used up:

Colleen Rothschild Quench & Shine Restorative Hair Mask.  I've been using this a few times a week as a conditioner.  It is nice but I have others that work as well for less $$$.

Suave Keratin Infusion shampoo.  Nothing special so replaced with something from my stash.

Curology subscription bottle. Mine contains tretinoin, azelaic acid and niacinamide.  It takes my 3 months to use a 2 month bottle so I love that I can schedule shipments according to my needs.

Tossed:

Neutrogena Healthy Volume mascara.  I used and loved this in the past but it just doesn't do much for my lashes now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,

Not much this week other than a tube of Palmers Olive Oil hair conditioner. I love this stuff. I cut the tube open to get the bit that was left out. I have a hard time finding this product. I don't have a Walmart in my city and BBB charges a lot for this. I'll wait til we take a drive to Walmart to replace so I can buy multiples.
Replaced another bar of Dial Gold Soap from my super duper big pack. We've been using Dial all through the pandemic for hand washing.

That's it for me. Have a nice week. I'm going for shot number 2 tomorrow. Hope it don't knock me on my ... Didn't have an issue with the first one. Take Care friends!