Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 3/13?

@lynnie61 wrote:

hi beauties. Happy Friday.  Think we all need to relax and pamper ourselves this weekend.  I used up:

Secret solid deodorant - lavender scent.  Replaced with one from stash.

Wet & wild petite mascara -  very tiny.  I got a five pack at Christmas.  Lasted a few weeks.  

Whole blends conditioner  -  love this.  Replaced with last one.

For once in my life I don’t feel guilty about my beauty stash.   I have several hand soaps for extra, extra handwashing, hehehe.  

Be safe and have a relaxing weekend!

@lynnie61 Same here!! For once in my life I don't feel guilty about my soaps/lotion collections. Extra handwashing equals extra soaps and lotions.

Esteemed Contributor

I tossed some things, because it was time:

-a sample tube of Lancome Cils Booster XL (lash primer).  I like this and may wind up purchasing it.  Not sure yet.

-a sample tube of Milk Makeup Kush Mascara.  I love the way this makes my lashes look, even without primer.  But it flakes off while I'm wearing it.  (Not majorly, but enough to notice.)  I have a full size tube of this that I haven't opened, which I bought on the recommendation of a YouTuber I like (before I had the sample, which I acquired shortly after).  I'm trying to decide if I will open it and use it (since I do love how it makes my lashes look), or if I will donate it.  I tried putting waterproof mascara over it, and it still flaked.  I really like how it looks though.

-Pacifica Aquarian Gaze Mascara.  This is a nice mascara that does not flake.  But it does not give my lashes volume or length.

-an Avon Eye Brightening Pencil.  Think this is discontinued.  It was old and went on patchy.

-an Ofra liquid lipstick I got in an Ipsy bag.  Ofra makes a decent liquid lipstick.  It doesn't dry down completely to a powdery finish, so it's not transfer-proof, but it also doesn't make you crave a lip balm the whole time you are wearing it.  This one was starting to smell "off" and was in the old packaging, so it was time to retire it.

-a Milani Powder Blush in "Romantic Rose."  This is one of those blushes with the raised imprint of a flower.  I was using it as a Project Pan item, but it got hard pan.  I found it impossible to get the hard pan off because of how irregular the surface is, and I was tired of trying to really dig a brush in there to get product.  I don't find it to have the lasting power of other blushes, and I started to ask myself why I was fighting with this item when I have other blushes I like.  Not worth the struggle.  It is a pretty color though, and it goes with any eyeshadow look.  But I have other blushes.

That is all for this week.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel  Try the L'Oréal Voluminous Lash Primer instead. It's half the price of the Lancôme version & does the same thing.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Two things:

Albolene Cleanser (love this and have 2 backups)

TheBalm Balm Shelter (tinted moisturizer) - I have been using this for several years.  I have tried others, but always come back to this one 😊. It has an spf of 18, which isn’t high enough for my very fair complexion, so I always wear a sunscreen underneath.

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel  Try the L'Oréal Voluminous Lash Primer instead. It's half the price of the Lancôme version & does the same thing.

@JustJazzmom   Oh, nice.  Thank you for mentioning it.  I appreciate that. 😊💐

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org