Valued Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 2/16?

[ Edited ]

Happy President's Day weekend to you all!

This week I used up:

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore Reducing toner.  Replaced with same but will be switching to Thayer's alcohol-free witch hazel toner after using my last bottle of PC.

Kirkland citrus body wash.  I have repurchased this numerous times.

Suave Moroccan Infusion shampoo.  I have 3 shampoos in my rotation and I like this one so had another.  

Tossed:  NYX eye primer; it was just too dark for my lids and made my shadow look muddy.  

Thrive Causemetics mascara.  This was highly recommended online but it didn't work for me at all.

Two brushes I no longer use.  I'm trying to pare down my collection!

Trusted Contributor

Tossed:

Tarteist Lip Paint in Birthday Suit mini - This was from last year's Sephora birthday gift and I finally tried it and confirmed that it is not a good color for me and I do not like liquid lipsticks.  I don't know why it took me so long to get rid of it.

Respected Contributor

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleansing Gel - two samples

Philosophy Purity - sample

I have several more sample of Purity but first I am going to use the sample skin care kit my DD gave me for Christmas - Laneige first

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used up a container of Toppik and replaced it with one from my beauty stash.

I tossed out a fairly new Covergirl Katy Perry lip gloss. It's a cross between a semi matte gloss and a liquid lipstick but it does not dry down and is sticky as it's too heavily pigmented.

I also tossed out a Maybelline Master Blush quad palette. I only like one of the 4 colors on me, the peach shade. The plum and orchid powder blushes are pretty in the pan but look ghastly on and make you look like you are running a fever. The highlighter is too shimmery too.

I don't keep around for long beauty products I don't like or won't use. No "project pan" for me!

Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-a sample of Purity.  Used it to wash makeup brushes, as I hate the stuff.

-a sample of a peel product.  It's by Neogen, and it was a single peel pad.  I like it, but I'm not sure I would purchase it (haven't checked on the price).

-a Tony Moly ceramide sheet mask.  I like this and have purchased another.  

-an Andalou Naturals sheet mask...the one in the purple packet.  Everything else I've tried from Andalou Naturals has been nice.  This product is something I would not recommend.  It has a smell I don't care for, but its not overpowering.  But the eye and mouth openings are too small.  It's like the thing was designed for a child.  It was a pain to try to keep the serum on the mask from dripping into my eyes and mouth because of how the mask was made.  When I was wearing it, I was constantly trying to stretch it out on my face, and I tried to tear the holes to make them bigger.  That helped, but what a PITA.  I like to lie down and listen to a guided meditation when I have a sheet mask on, and this sheet mask ruined the whole experience.  I would definitely not buy another one of Andalou's sheet masks.

I tossed:

-an L.A. Colors matte eyeshadow palette.  This was one of their holiday palettes, from 2016, that I bought after Christmas.  No matter how much I would tap off the brush there would be powder flying when I was applying it to my eyes.  Then the powder would get in my eyes and they would get gritty and irritated.  No thanks.

-a Sally Hansen cuticle remover cream.  Old and dried out.

-a Physician's Formula eyeliner that I was using on my waterline to brighten.  It didn't really do that much, and I have another pencil I like better on my waterline (a nude colored eyeliner made by Rimmel).  I decided I wasn't going to try to use the PF one up and let the one I really like dry up in the meantime.

That is all for now.  I feel like I have a number of items that are close to being used up, but I rotate products enough that it seems like they last forever.  Maybe some of those will be gone next time I post.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

L` Oreal Root Cover-Med. Brown (Replaced)

SKINN Eye Energi Mask- Had another but temporary tightening .

Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Dr. Dennis Gross Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50- this was from a Sephora Sun Safety Kit, just ok not a purchase, replaced with Tarte Tarteguard that was either from the Sun Saftey Kit or Sephora Play Box, I have 2 of these minis to go thru.

Have a good week all.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24