Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 2/14?

Happy Valentines Day beauties  (Galentines Day yesterday!)  

I used up: 

A homemade WEN treatment mist  - I made this with WEN, WEN treatment oil and warm water.   Got the recipe on one of the beauty boards here.  Replaced with ANOTHER one I made.  I only had Spring Lilac, so that is what I made.  Saved me $48 in two bottles of the stuff! 

Tossed a few items.   A JM colorstick, someone mentioned how dried out theirs was.  I had two.  One, totally fine, the other, TOTALLY dried out and tossed.  Both purchased at the same time.  

Tossed an old cuticle oil.  It was thick.  And tossed one old Avon top coat. 

Shanus - I have been on a NO buy for quite a while, but did get several beauty items for Christmas (three gifts, not purchases!).   I'm SHOPPING the stash.  The only thing I really need to buy is mascara - which I really, really am careful to replenish in 90-100 days. 

Have a great weekend ladies!  

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Happy Friday & Happy Heart Day!

Used up 2 items this week.

1) Origins Comfort Mood Whipped Vanilla Body Soufflé (3 Oz. jar) replaced with another Origins Body Soufflé 3 Oz. jar of Gloomaway Grapefruit scent

2) Lancôme Visionnaire Nuit Beauty Sleep Perfector Cream (1.7 Oz. jar) 

replaced with Garnier Skin Active Moisture Bomb Cream (1.7 Oz. jar)

I like the Origins products which I am using as a hand cream. These jars were part of a Holiday Quad Set from several years ago.

The Lancôme Night Cream used nightly, lasted at least a year for me. I like it & I just ordered another one from Lancôme. 

I plan on using the Moisture Bomb twice a day -- after showering & at night before bed to use it up. I have a 2nd jar to use from my stash after that.

I saw that Lancome cream on sale at Sephora today for $73. Sale is until Monday.

Respected Contributor

Hi all.   I used up a sample size of BB #86 Skin Moisture Solution, Bone Eye shadow and Rose Lipliner.

I brought a Perlier Olive Oil hand cream and Goat Milk Stuff lip balm to my girlfriend who is in the hospital.  She was thrilled. 

Have a FABULOUS weekend and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used up a tub of Albolene (cleanser - I absolutely LOVE) and a tube of lipstick (soft pink shade from BITE beauty)

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Used up  two 2 oz sample packages of Korres Pomegranate Body lotion.  I don't know what it is about Korres but I just  don't like the scents of their  products.  Also finished Soap and Glory Mist You Madly Body Lotion.  This is a clean  light floral scent that doesn't interfere with perfume.   I have another bottle in stash and will alternate with Bliss Body butter. 

Happy Valentines Day! 

Esteemed Contributor

I used up half a box of L'Oreal Preference hair colorin the shade 50 to color my roots.

I also used up a bottle of Marcelle gel cleanser and kept the short bottle and refilled it with the cleanser from a bigger Marcelle gel cleanser bottle.

I tossed out a partially full bottle of Pantene sulfate free shampoo because I think it was pulling the hair color from my roots. Also when I took the cap off there was mildew growing on the bottle where the cap was..ugh. This was a fairly new bottle of shampoo and it didn't sit in water either. Somehow this new "clean" shampoo didn't seem very good if it stripped my hair color and the bottle got mildew growing on it. I also tossed out the bottle of conditioner too.

I also donated some unopened bottles of shampoo and conditioner - a different Pantene brand since the batch codes on them showed that they were almost 2 years old.

I also tossed out two lip liner pencils as one was sticky and the other I didn't like the color and it was too dried out.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Used up:

-a 1.5 oz tube of Avon Moisture Therapy Daily Skin Defense hand cream.  Still working through those Avon products I got stuck with as a rep.  I won't buy from MLM's anymore, so this is something I won't repurchase.  It's not anything special anyway.

-a sample of Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream.  I used this on my hands.  It was a nice moisturizer.  It's also quite fragranced and has shimmer in it.  I do like the scent, but it's strong, and I don't care for the shimmer.  Maybe will get the small jar for my Sephora b-day gift (to use sparingly), or order another product from their line with the same fragrance.  Not sure yet.  

-a Leaders 7 Wonders Tundra Cranberry Anti-Aging Mask.  Not my favorite one in the line; I like the olive one better.  But it's nice.

Tossed:

-a Ciaté London Fierce Flicks liquid liner.  This was a felt tip liquid liner I got in an Ipsy bag.  Am guessing it was old when I got it, and waiting to open it and use it didn't help.  I used it 3 times before I decided to give up on it.  It would work okay on one eye (not great, but okay) and then the tip would be too dried out to work okay on the other eye. 

That's all for this week.  I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day and will enjoy their weekends!! 

Image result for valentine squirrel

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

i used up  bottle of Purity and replaced with a mega size with pump.  I know a lot of people don[t like Purity but I do.  I also used up a travel sized tube of Sensodene toothpaste and replaced witha regular sized tube.  

I am also trying not to buy anything that I don't need but I am a sucker for Philosophy bady wash and bought the holiday collection that was on sale on Wed or Thurs night  to save for next fall and winter.

Respected Contributor

Nothing for me again this week! I hope to have something to report next week.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Used up:

It Bye Bye Makeup Wipes- ok, replaced with Skinn Olive and Enzyme Wipes from the stash.

Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Balm- love, replaced with the same from stash.

Gave away:

Brow product- think this came in a Walmart subscription box, gave it to my sister to try, not sure of the name.

Have a good weekend all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24