Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 2/12?

Happy weekend beauties!

Just one thing for me this week:

Ulta makeup remover facial wipes for sensitive skin 25ct- I only use these on occasion in the evening if I don't want to do a full face cleanse and just want to wipe off a bit of makeup or some sunscreen. I actually just had to toss the last 4 because they were too dried out to use which has never happened before, so I know I'm not using them. I do like to have some on hand though, so I grabbed a replacement from Aldi, their brand, for I think $2. I haven't tried them yet.

That's it for me, have a Happy Valentine's day and stay warm!

Respected Contributor

Not a thing for me this week! However, it's always fun to see what the

beauty posse has used up!

Be well!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

Happy weekend beauties!

Ulta makeup remover facial wipes for sensitive skin 25ct- I only use these on occasion in the evening if I don't want to do a full face cleanse and just want to wipe off a bit of makeup or some sunscreen. I actually just had to toss the last 4 because they were too dried out to use which has never happened before, so I know I'm not using them. I do like to have some on hand though, so I grabbed a replacement from Aldi, their brand, for I think $2. I haven't tried them yet.

@rnmom 

Just a friendly suggestion- if your makeup wipe dries out, add a little water to reactivate it.  HTH

have a good weekend 

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning,

I have so many products in rotation, that it's hard to use them up.

However, after rooting around in my closet, I came across a few boxes of Bare Minerals eye shadow sets, Smashbox eyeliners, and enough makeup brushes to choke a horse.  The Mineral eyeshadows always made a mess so I stopped using them. I just tossed a dozen of these products as well as a dozen inexpensive brushes. Also, the 3 boxes in which I was housing all this stuff.
I gained back valuable real estate in my closet and today I'm going to go through the bathroom drawers. 🤭

Super Contributor

The only thing I used up was IT Perfect Lighting Wand.   I like it and have another one to use up.  

I love dropping by here to see what everyone used up.  I know I need to get better at using things up before opening anything else.  I have too many products in rotation that I don't use daily.  Have a good week.

Esteemed Contributor

Today used up the last of my Trader Joe's 100% Jojoba Oil.

I like it and can always go back to it, but for now using the other products I have during my Frugal February.

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

Happy weekend beauties!

@rnmom 

Just a friendly suggestion- if your makeup wipe dries out, add a little water to reactivate it.  HTH

have a good weekend 

@scatcat - Thanks for the idea! I thought about trying this but I didn't. I will next time for sure!

Respected Contributor

Hi Beauties,

This week I ve been continuing to clear out "stuff" from all around the house, that is annoying to look at these days. Boy, I'm always coming across something! So I've been busy with that.

In the beauty department, I discarded Tatcha indigo cream which was terribly expensive and a big bust. I don't like it at all and I used it on my hands and it didn't help there either. Unfortunately, I have another that is waiting to be opened. I will give that one to my sister since the seal is still unbroken. I do like and use many Tatcha products, but not this one.

I finished and refilled an 8oz. bottle  from my supersize bottle of Amazing Grace 3 in 1 bath, shampoo and shower gel. I have this on auto delivery. I also finished the illuminating Amazing Grace body creme. I don't like the illuminating part of this. It illuminates my clothes 😝, if it's not fully absorbed. I cancelled the auto delivery on this set of AG.

I threw out Doll 10 concelear. Very pasty. I don't by this brand anymore. It was a TSV sometime back and nothing stood out.

Have a great weekend beauties!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I last posted, in the past two weeks I've used up:

Perlier "Snow Drop" body creme...I've had it for longer than I'll admit, but testament to their products...never discolored, smelled funny or changed consistency. It was a "winter fragrance" to me so I'd only use it winter and since I have many body butters...it hung around long. (Came as a duo with Snow Drop cologne...that's down to the last 1/4 of the bottle...again...I have many fragrances and only ever use that here and there.)

Dr Denese exfoliating retinol pads. I have SO many of these as they come in the Auto Delivery creams of hers I've gotten a few years, and I never use them regularly, so they accumulate. I'm not even sure I should continue with them...while I like her moisturizers and Hydroshield, never been sure the pads are good for my dry skin and never really understood if/how they work. So I probably should throw some of the accumulated ones out...wish they dated them so I'd know which are the oldest.

Philosophy "Cozy By The Fire" bubble bath/bath gel

Pink Sugar Cologne

Replaced my toothbrush and razor, with my backstock.

I also went through my makeup brushes, washed them all threw out an old extra one I never use. Threw out outdated eyecare drops and cream...anything outdated I found.

I'll admit...I do hold onto my lipglosses way beyond when they say I should...I just haven't bought new lipglosses lately...COVID, wearing masks...just not bothering to wear it. I'll get to updating that at some point. I miss lipgloss and actually putting myself together without having to cover up with a mask! But, with all that's going on...NOT that important!

That's it for now...

Honored Contributor

HOW DO I NEVER USE UP ANYTHING???  Wait!  I DID use up a bottle of The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid last night.  Had a backup Smiley Happy