Honored Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 12/8?

@Leeny I find the Lancôme cleansers are more thorough at removing makeup than micellar water (Not Lancome’s but Garnier’s version). Even after using a cleanser, I apply a toner just to make sure all makeup is gone. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Used up:

BeautyCounter Cleansing Balm - This was part of the collaboration with Target.  At first I really liked it, but I found another balm cleanser that I like better.  I'm glad to be done with this as it's pricey and I wouldn't want to repurchase it from BeautyCounter.  It did come with a nice muslin cloth and tiny spatula.

Esteemed Contributor

This week I used up:

-the little bottle of conditioner that came with my hair dye.

-a huge pump bottle of Giovanni shampoo (the 50:50 Moisturizing and Clarifying shampoo).  I like it and would repurchase it, but I have a set of Giovanni shampoo and conditioner in those huge pump bottles in the olive oil and avocado formula to use now.

I took a big step and decluttered almost 50 items from my makeup, fragrance, toiletries, medicine cabinet and stash.  Some were tossed and others are in a box that will go to family who may want the stuff.  The one thing of note was a body spray that reminded me of my ex-boyfriend.  I loved it, but it made me sad to smell it, so I finally poured it down the drain once and for all.

The new year is coming up.  New year, new you.  Smiley Happy

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

Happy Saturday!

Used up Amara Organics 20% Vitamin C serum - replaced with same because my skin loves this stuff!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel-awesome job cleaning out the stash! That's a lot of items! I bet it sure feels good getting rid of all the stuff that you don't use or love. I know with me it becomes such a burden at times trying to use up stuff that I don't like just because I don't want to waste money. But sometimes it's just worth it to toss it. Especially it makes you unhappy, time to let it go, life is too short. Congrats! 

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday beauties! 

I used up: BBW Pocketbac in Sugar Plum Dream- these BBW scents are just too strong for me anymore, I don't want my hand sanitizer overpowering whatever fragrance I might be wearing that day. This was my last one and I won't be repurchasing. I just replaced it with a generic one from the dollar store, I haven't used it yet but hopefully it's not too strong. I want to just get unscented ones from now on

Tossed Almay I-color mascara in brown- this wasn't gone but had been opened for several months and it was time for it to go. I didn't like the wand, it was very wide and I had trouble getting to the base of my lashes. And the last few times I used it I kept feeling like it was flaking and getting in my eyes. Not a repurchase. I have a Marc Jacobs sample I'm using now, the last one from my Sephora sample box then I have to look for something else

That's it for me, have a great weekend everyone!

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

I agree with you on the Garnier micellar water cleanser. I do use the micellar cleanser after I cleanse sometimes. Lancome's cleanser is a great cleanser and mild for my sensitive skin. I seen the dept. store had the Lancome cleanser and toner on sale. I should go out and pick one up.

Respected Contributor

skinn 6x balm -  3 in various stages to go.  Once done not a repurchase.  not as moisturizing as my first set, but also I prefer stick balms. 

My use up has been going slow but I am at least close on one other product.

nice weekend, Everyone.   

Valued Contributor

Happy Weekend to all!

Just a few things this week:

Elf pressed HD finishing powder.  I used this on my neck over all my lotions and potions so I could apply some bronzer.  I won't repurchase since it makes my face look ghostly.

Dermacil lotion that I got at the dollar store.  I use this to moisturize my feet before bed.  Cheap but effective.

Tossed:  Neutrogena Healthy Volume mascara.  I've had this before and liked it but this one was dried out from the start.

Occasional Contributor

I used up a few things:

Lather lavender & eucalyptus foot cream - I love this foot cream, but recently have been using various oils instead and that has worked as well.

Philosophy Lemon Custard Body Soufflé 7.5 Oz - one of my favorite scents, but have replaced with Snow Angel for the winter months.

Josie Maran Milk 1 fl oz  - use daily, so replaced with the same.