Respected Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 12/18?

Good morning, Beauties!  One more week until Christmas!

I used up a jar of Bite Beauty Agave NightTime Lip Therapy. It is lip balm in a jar. I really like it. It is moisturizing.  But I don't care for digging my fingers in the jar.  So, I am not sure if it is a repurchase.

I tried to use up a mini tube of Perlier's Shea Butter Hand Cream in Cotton Blossom, but I just couldn't. So I tossed it.  It has a citronella scent that I really didn't like.  This is the first Perlier scent that I tried that I don't like.  Perlier makes my favorite scents--Imperial honey, Olivarium, Shea Butter and Almond, Carribean Vanilla, just to name a few.

I also tossed a tub of The Body Shop's Wild Argan Oil Body Butter.  I have also tried very hard to use it up, but it is just way too thick and too fragrant for me.  So I gave up about half way through.

That is all for me this week. Enjoy your Christmas week coming up and share your empties and tosses.

Honored Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 12/18?

This week I used up a 2oz tube of Beekman's goat milk hand cream.  It was ok.  I have so much hand cream in my stash that I'm not buying any new ones right now and I'm not sure even if I was that I would repurchase this. 

Wishing everyone a good and safe weekend!

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007  I use the Bite Beauty Agave Daytime Vegan Lip Balm.

It's in lipstick form. Mine came from Sephora. But I think Bite Beauty changed the formula because there are complaints in the reviews. I thought something was 'off' when I bought this last one. The original formula tasted better & it felt creamier on my lips. I will not buy it again. I generally use it before sleep. 

This week I used up a Lancôme Rose Sugar Scrub (1.6 Oz.) tube. I liked it as it did exfoliate my face. I bought the regular sized tube. This scrub size was part of a 2 pack holding this & a Rose Jelly Mask which remains on to be absorbed. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon.  This week I used up:

Nexxus Maximum Hold Finishing Hairspray - full size.  I replaced with the same thing.  I bought 4 cans of this on Cyber Monday.  

Beekman Body Butter in Vanilla Absolute - full size.  Thank goodness I am done with this. It definitely isn't something I'd buy again.  I didn't like the scent and this product didn't keep my dry skin at bay.  It doesn't come close to JM body butters for me.

Fresh Soy Makeup Removing Face Wash - sample packette.  This came in something I ordered.  It seemed like a nice face wash and definitely removed all my makeup.  It was enough for 2 uses.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy weekend. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi beauties. Slow week again.  I used up:

Aquaphor lip protectant  -  this is nice, was wearing it more because of our masks.  My lipsticks and tinted balms were making my masks a mess, even having a fresh mask all the time.  This was sold in a two pack, so I have another.  Plus this is 30 spf.  (Ha, not that our lips have been exposed to sun).  

Have a good week.  Stay safe.  Almost Christmas.  Next week my stash will probably increase with Christmas beauty items!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,

This week I colored my hair so I used up

1 Madison Reed Sondrio Brown kit. New color. I like it and will keep trying to go lighter, a little each time, trying to avoid the Hot Roots look.

Discarded an old Goody round brush.

I think that's it! Have a nice weekend!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used up:

-an Avon bubble bath in a discontinued scent.

-a tube of Soothing Touch Coconut Lime Lip Balm.  This was not nourishing at all.  It just sat on top of my lips.  I wound up using it over 2 other lip balms in order to use it up.  Not a repurchase.

I tossed:

-3 nude lipsticks.  One was old and the other two were unflattering both as lip color and as cream blush.

-a stick of e.l.f. lip scrub.  I don't know why people like this product so much.  It doesn't do the job for me. 

-a container of First Aid Beauty Skin Lab Retinol Serum.  I have used this product before with no problems.  Unfortunately this bottle seemed to have gone bad.  I wound up with a rash on my face.  I bought it from Ulta on sale, so thought maybe it was expired (they have sent expired things to me before). 

I contacted First Aid Beauty and asked them how old my bottle was.  They did not tell me the manufacture date, but told me it doesn't expire until December 2021.  The serum smelled funny and was a slightly different color than my last bottle.  Since I bought it months ago on sale, I decided to just pitch it. 

I have another bottle of this from Sephora.  The serum I pumped out from it looks the right color and smells fine, so am hopeful this bottle will be fine.  

That's all for this week.  I hope everyone is enjoying the season!!

Squirrels in snow Tag - Palm Press

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Wet and Wild Photo Focus concealer. Super cheap - not bad but not great. Wore it during stay home days the last 8 months. Don't want to scare the cat.

Philosophy The Gingerbread Man shower gel 3 in 1.  I love it.  I have another in the closet but replaced with Dove (whatever their new Wintercare is called).

Tossed a Cover Girl lip gloss and a Milani eye shadow pallet that I dropped in the toilet.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Origins Ginger Body Scrub- so nice, replaced with Philosophy Gingerbread Man Scrub from the stash.

Philosophy Pumpkin Icing 3 n 1- this grew on me, although it doesn't compare to my favorite pumpkin scent from Philosophy, Pumpkin Spice Muffin. Replaced with Philosophy Whipped Peppermint Cream from the stash.

Have a good weekend! Be well all.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

Nothing for me this week. I have been extra slow using things up because I'm only going into the office one day a week the last several weeks. So I'm hardly ever wearing makeup and I'm not using my evening skincare because I'm not wearing makeup. I am close on a couple of things though so I'm hoping to have something for next week. 

Everyone have a very Merry Christmas!