Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 11/6?

@lynnie61 

Hi Lynnie,

Is the Avon peppermint shower gel any good? Do you recommend it and is it something they still carry? I ask because I buy my son Elemis Sharp Shower Gel and it is expensive. I think it is a combination of spearmint and peppermint. I'm willing to try a less expensive product and see if he likes it. Please advise.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS   it was ok.   Didn’t feel very moisturizing to me.  It was a gift, and I have not purchased Avon in a long time.  I don’t know if they still make it.  I actually like Philosophy peppermint stick.  The 32 oz lasts a long time, and free s/h this weekend.  Also the Avon was only 5 oz.  

Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties, I'm a couple days late posting to the thread, but I did use up a couple things:

Vichy Liftactiv Peptide C day cream 15ml- This was a sample size that I received about a  year ago. It was fine as far as texture, but the scent was SO strong! I generally don't mind scented products but this one was over the top. I used it up at night, mostly on my throat and chest. I would definitely not purchase this full size.

Cotton Candy scented body wash 3oz- this was given to my son by my sister, I have no idea what brand it was, it had Minnie Mouse on it, so she must have gotten a gift set of some kind. It also had a matching shampoo which he used up but the shower gel had a very strong, almost floral scent, so I finished it up. 

Valued Contributor

Hello all!  Jumping in very late this weekend.  This week I used up:

Paula's Choice Intensive Wrinkle Repair serum.  I was using this on my neck since that area cannot tolerate my maximum strength tretinoin in my Curology subscription.  It's okay but I found a retinaldehyde from Maelove that I'm trying.  It's much less expensive and I'm hoping I will tolerate it.

CeraVe PM moisturizer, always have a back-up for this one.

Burts Bees hand cream that had an orange scent.  Got it as a gift and it was nice but won't be a purchase.

Tossed:  an Almay lipstick that was very old.  Trying to work through my stash of lipsticks and also weed out the old ones.

Honored Contributor

image.png

Replaced with another tube of Full 'N Soft washable.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

image.png

Replaced with another jar of Glow Reveal.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

image.png

Replaced with another tube of anise toothpaste.

Honored Contributor

image.png

Replaced with the same.

Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

Happy weekend beauties, I'm a couple days late posting to the thread, but I did use up a couple things:

Vichy Liftactiv Peptide C day cream 15ml- This was a sample size that I received about a  year ago. It was fine as far as texture, but the scent was SO strong! I generally don't mind scented products but this one was over the top. I used it up at night, mostly on my throat and chest. I would definitely not purchase this full size.

Cotton Candy scented body wash 3oz- this was given to my son by my sister, I have no idea what brand it was, it had Minnie Mouse on it, so she must have gotten a gift set of some kind. It also had a matching shampoo which he used up but the shower gel had a very strong, almost floral scent, so I finished it up. 

@rnmom 

I had to comment. I used a sample of Vichy NeoVadiol night cream the last 2 nights.  I will never understand why companies put perfume in their face products (I'm talking to you Lancôme).

This Vichy cream had a great weight and feel but has waaaay too much perfume. 👎

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@rnmom 

I had to comment. I used a sample of Vichy NeoVadiol night cream the last 2 nights.  I will never understand why companies put perfume in their face products (I'm talking to you Lancôme).

This Vichy cream had a great weight and feel but has waaaay too much perfume. 👎

@scatcat -Yes, exactly! And it wasn't a pleasant scent either!