Respected Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 10/9?

Good morning, Beauties!

I didn't use up anything this week, but I did decide to let somethings go.

I tossed Physician's Formula Bright Booster Oil Elixir. I mentioned before on this forum that I jumped on the facial oil bandwagon and purchased lots of different oils.  But I realized face oil (no matter what kind) does not agree with my skin.  I was able to use some up mixed in my body lotion, but this one got too old and started to smell funny.

I also tossed Serious Skincare Pure Pep Fading Fluid. It came in a two piece kit.  I used the other product (Pure Pep pads)  and I keep forgetting to use this one, and now it also got too old.

I gave away Korres Olive Hand Cream in Sea Salt. I got a kit of Korres Olive Creams, and I like other scents, but this Sea Salt scent is just way too strong in my opinion.  

That is all for me this week.  I hope you all had a great week.  Share your empties or tosses.  And have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 10/9?

Hello Beauties!

I also, did not use up anything. However, I went through ALL my lip products and tossed whatever was old, dried out, a bad color, a bad formula or I had not used very recently. That amounted to 11 lipsticks/glosses! My goal is to do it again in a month, anything that hasn't been used in a month is going!

Be well!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Used up

Aveda Rosemary Mint conditioner. Replaced with Dove.

Aveda Rosemary Mint body wash.  Replaced with bar of goat soap from Whole Foods

Tosssd

Old Revlon lip gloss

NYX Milk eyeliner (wth was I thinking)

Happy Fri-yay. (DH hates that saying  haha)

Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Hello Beauties!

I also, did not use up anything. However, I went through ALL my lip products and tossed whatever was old, dried out, a bad color, a bad formula or I had not used very recently. That amounted to 11 lipsticks/glosses! My goal is to do it again in a month, anything that hasn't been used in a month is going!

Be well!

Wow, that is a productive decluttering effort!

Esteemed Contributor

Tossed Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 10/9?

Footlogix Mousse for feet. Grabbed 1 of the 2 from my stash.

Tossed 4 random nail polishes that I have not used in ages while going through my collection

Valued Contributor

@scatcat  I'd love to hear how you like the Dove conditioner compared to the Aveda. I have the aveda rosemary mint shampoo and conditioner.  While I think it's fine, I think it's overpriced for the results I get from it.

I used up my Drunk Elephant Beste No 9 cleansing jelly. I didn't love it and will not be repurchasing. I replaced it with Accure Brightning cleansing jelly.

I also used up Urban Decay Naked foundation, I love it and will continue using it!

Respected Contributor

@Mellyg 

The Dove conditoner I am using (Costco) is thicker than the Aveda. I use at least 2 pumps of the Dove and I still use something else to tame (Moroccan Oil, Argan Oil or Aveda Damage Remedy).  I have fairly long straight color treated hair. HTH

My DH is the Aveda Rosemary Mint freak so I added a conditoner to his order.  I probably wouldn't do that again.

Frequent Contributor

I got rid of a nail polish that I had my husband pick up at the beginning of the pandemic. I didn't like the color when it came home.
Respected Contributor

Hi Beauties,

I used up Tatcha Indigo Triple recovery cream. I love Tatcha but this one is just ok. Extra thick. I will not rebuy this for the price...and I have another already sitting in my closet. I am really being aware of this double purchasing, and not doing it as I have in the past. (most of the time lol)

AQUIS Prime Water Defense hair prewash. My friend gave me 2 trial size bottles. No improvement on this mop! Will not buy this and won't take the handout of this anymore.😝 

Discarded  Givenchy mascara. Don't believe I would buy this at the price charged. This was a bonus with their Interdeit lipstick which I love and will always buy with or without a bonus attached to it.

I need to go through my makeup again too. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to discard, even though I should! 

I think that's all for now. Have a great weekend.

Respected Contributor

Hi beauties.  I used up:  

Beekman hand cream  in grapefruit.  It was ok.  Probably not a rephrase.  In came in a set of three.

several mini samples  face moisturizer, a DHC cleansing oil, and a hotel size body lotion.  

@Jacie   I did that last week with the lip stuff.  Got rid of several. Glad they are gone!  

Have a a great fall weekend.  Almost at peak here for fall leaves.