Respected Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 10/4?

Good morning, Beauties!  

I didn't use up anything this week, but I manage to declutter some of my lipsticks.  I have way too many lip products, and even the shades that I love, I cannot use them up before they go bad.

I tossed:

three L'Oreal Infalibble Matte Gloss (don't care for the smell nor the formula)

one Revlon Colorburst Balm in Elusive (don't care for the shade)

Maybelle Matte Lipsticks in Lust for Blush and Clay Crush (I love both of these shades, but they have both gotten too old.  Once I finish up my other lipsticks, I might repurchase them).

Note to self-- do not buy anymore lip prodcuts.

Have a great weekend, Beauties! Share your empties (or declutters)!

Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 10/4?

Tossed a Clinique mascara, a Lancome lash primer, finished a huge pump container of body lotion and tossed 2 Skinn face products that were almost finished but I'm not using any longer.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

NYX Mascara - Worth the Hype - pretty good when new but dried out and got gloppy - I liked the sample size better - maybe because I used it more quickly

Benefit Roller Lash - travel size - I have one more in a travel size and then will replace with full size - I have bought a few times. I have pretty good results with Benefit mascaras

Maybelline lip liner - Magnetic Mauve - i like this but it has a tendency to break - probabaly not helped by summer heat. I have other lip liner to go through first but would buy again

On the fence with my Julep Mascara - Length Matters - trying to use it up but will likely toss  - it is quite gloppy and does not separate my lashes well

NuFace Gel - did not use up but passed on to my daughter since she stole my NuFace (hers broke and she 'borrowed' mine)

Julep - Skip the Brush - cream to powder blush stick in Passion Fruit - passed along to daughter - like the stick but color a bit dark for me

Respected Contributor

SKINN Olive and Enzyme Body Polish. - I like the product for the face but the body polish had hard  beads in it. It was even difficult to wash down the drain. Would not repurchase.

Respected Contributor

I finished a Philosophy coconut frosting shower gel, which I loved. Replaced with orange cocoa cream, an old favorite.

Esteemed Contributor

I use and repurchase the same 4 skin care products all the time, so my reports are really boring.   Used up Gold Bond Neck and Chest -- cut the tube in half and scraped out every last drop - and replaced with same.

Tossed 5 old eyeliner pencils in various colors of blue and green.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I use and repurchase the same 4 skin care products all the time, so my reports are really boring.   Used up Gold Bond Neck and Chest -- cut the tube in half and scraped out every last drop - and replaced with same.

Tossed 5 old eyeliner pencils in various colors of blue and green.  

@tototwo   That is not boring at all. That is my skin care goals!! I want to find products that I love and just keep using the same things. Right now, I just jump from product to product.

Honored Contributor

I used up:

Dr. Perricone Cold Plasma Eye Cream - .25oz size.  This was a GWP when I bought something else from QVC.  Although small, it seemed like it lasted forever.  I used this faithfully day and night and noticed no difference in my eyes at all.  I replaced with IT Confidence in an Eye Cream.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey beauties — fall is in the air in SW PA.  I used up:

Josie Maran luminous hydrating powder.  This was in a previous kit I think.  It was good, but I have some BM mineral veil in light left.  Not a repurchase for me at this time.  That’s it ladies.  Have a good weekend.

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Boscia MakeUp Break Up Cool Cleansing Oil - I like this cleanser a lot. The consistency is just right, not too runny that it drips all over and not too thick that it's hard to spread on the skin. I think I prefer this over cleansing balms. It came in a kit and was on sale so it was a good value. I have one more in the stash. I hope it comes in another holiday kit this year.

Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara - I used to really like this mascara but this time it seemed to clump my lashes together. It also has a scent. Weird and unnecessary. I will not repurchase.

Essence I Heart Extreme Volume Waterproof mascara - I found this inexpensive mascara and LOVE it. I use it as a topper over regular mascara to waterproof it. It also works really well alone. The brush is huge but I just have to be careful. Gosh, I hope it doesn't get discontinued.