Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 1/8?

Happy Friday. I used up:

Beauty 360 5 pack razor refills (CVS). Fits my Venus razor. I have other brand refills but would repurchase.  

Philosophy miracle worker serum  this was from a kit.  Not a repuchase.  To me it felt very thick.  Have a nearly full 4oz hydroshield open already that will last me a while.

Thats all beauties, have a safe, happy weekend!

Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Ojon Hair Restorative Pre-Cleansing Treatment- this was as old as the hills but worked really nice once I figured out the right way to use it for my hair. I used it weekly on dry hair in the shower before washing and it helped with frizz. But I believe it's been discontinued for a long time. Replaced with WEN oil from the stash.

32 oz. Philosophy Unconditional Love 3 n 1- my DH used this up replaced it with Philosophy Love Sweet love 3 n 1 from the stash.

Have a good weekend. Be well all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Mask - This was my 2nd tub and it was ok. I used it as a conditioner, not a mask cause who has the time to let a hair mask sit? Not a repurchase at this time.

Tossed:

Dr. G RED Blemish Clear Soothing Cream - DH got this from Korea a few years ago. It was fine as an unscented, basic gel-cream. It's just old now.

Esteemed Contributor

This week I tossed 15+ items that were older and not used in awhile.

I used up:

-a tube of Acure eye cream.  This one was a full ounce, so it lasted forever.  Not a bad deal, as it's a good cream.  However, it's out of stock where I've seen it sold, so not sure if they have discontinued it.

-a 2 oz. bottle of Shea Moisture Matcha Green Tea & Probiotics Soothing Toner & Hydrating Mist w/Milk Thistle.  I quite liked this, but can make something similar at home.  So will probably not repurchase.

-a 3 oz. bottle of B&BW Wild Citrus Sunflower Body Lotion.  Sadly this scent is discontinued, but I got one more little bottle of lotion out of the house.

-a sample jar of Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser.  This was just okay.  I'm still waiting for the "regenerating" to take place, but maybe that only happens when you fork out the money for the full size. 🙄

That is all for this week.  Stay safe, all!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

I just used up a couple of staples: Suave Almond and Shea Butter shampoo 28oz- this is my go to shampoo for every day. I actually replaced it with a bottle of I Heart My Planet by Yves Rocher that my sister gave me, and I don't like it nearly as much. It seems to dry my hair out and make it more difficult to comb.

Bar of Dove soap- I replaced it with my last bar of goat milk soap that I purchased from a local vendor this summer. The goat milk soap is nice, but I don't think I can justify $5 a bar vs. the dollar or less that I'd pay for Dove in the store

Tossed: The Ordinary Ascorbic Acid and Alpha Arbutin 1oz- I really wanted to like this  but it was in an oil base and I hated the way it felt on my face. Took forever to be absorbed so my face felt like an oil slick all night. I tried it again the other night and still hated it so I finally just tossed it. No point in keeping it if I dislike using it that much. 

Valued Contributor

I used up Maui Moisture shampoo that I got at Costco so it was a gigantic bottle.  Still using the conditioner that came with it.  Nice but not a repurchase.

Tossed:  IT Cosmetics brow pomade in the color Gray.  It was getting dried out and difficult to use after a year so I opened one of my backups.  My hair isn't gray but this color has ash tones which is what I need.  I believe it's been discontinued, darn! 

Enjoy your weekend.  We finally have sunshine here in Michigan today!!

Honored Contributor

I used up a bottle of Givenchy Dahlia Divin eau de parfum.  Nice fragrance and replaced with Gucci Bloom.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼