Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 1/6?

@willdob3 wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Isomers deep crease cream -this was ok, not a repurchase. Replaced with Belif aqua cream. 

Tossed:  Too faced better than s$x mascara -can you say racoon- not a repurchase. 

Tossed: Je ne se quois lipgloss.  Turned a weird pink on me.  Otherwise, seemed like a nice gloss.  Not a repurchase. 

@aprilskies -

I got the same mascara in a kit a while back & really dislike it. I keep hearing how popular it is and really don't understand it. I find the shape of the wand annoying & the mascara itself is a harsh shade of black and goes on clumpy, then it flakes. I hate to waste things so I haven't tossed it yet but I am close to doing so. 

@willdob3,  I don't understand the love either but I guess it may work differently for different people. I found the brush awkward to use.  The shape was weird but I also found it too big.  I had to be extra careful not to poke my eyes.  I was trying to use it up too but it really looked terrible by the end of day.  I loved the pink packaging though.  Too bad.  Good luck if you decide to use it up.  Maybe it will dry up a little and perform a little better. 

Super Contributor

This week I used up-

Cover Girl clear mascara, love this, replaced with the same

Threw out 2 tubes of hotel body lotion

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shiloh 81

I have not tried Paula's Choice but can tell you that I usually just use my beloved Carmex or Chapstick for balm. It has been a particularly hard winter for my skin. Some of the ladies on the boards were raving about the Jack Black Balm. So I tried it and was impressed. Jack Black is normally a men's line, but women seem to be "stealing" the balm for their own! I say use whatever works! Jack Black balm works for me!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Happy New Year Beauties! Sorry this is late!

I used a couple samples from Ulta

Joico K-Pak Color Therapy Luster Lock (sample size) It works as a deep conditioner.  It makes my hair really soft.  I might considering buying a full size

IT Confidence in a Cream (sample size) 

I was so excited to try this, since it was included in the QVC Beauty Holiday Beauty Kit that I purchased. It feels really nice, but it made my face break out like crazy. I guess this cream does not work my acne-prone skin.

Tossed out a Wet and Wild blush and a NYC bronzer because they were broken.