Super Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 1/6?

Happy 2017 Beauties,

We must be thinking alike in the new year. I, also, replaced my green scrubbie pad with a new yellow one! This week I used up Library of Flowers Shower Gel, 2 oz. replaced with one from the stash.

Joseygirl, thank you for starting us down a good path for 2017.

Wishing all you Beauties wonderful week.

Respected Contributor

Hey All You Beauties- I know I am late "again", but I've been busy taking care of my DH as he broke his knee cap and had surgery on Tuesday. So tonight I realized I hadn't posted my list yet. 

1. I used up Ole Henricksen Rub N Buff salt scrub 22oz size. This took for ever to use up so I don't think I will ever buy this size again.  I haven't decided what I want to get next.

2. Jergens Original Scent Dry Skin Moisturizer 12.5oz I am replacing with SCA Argan Oil body lotion. 

3.B&BW Fresh Sparkling Snow Hand soap. Replaced with B&BW  Christmas Morning hand wash. I really like this one and I only bought one.... darn.

4.The Scottish Find Soaps Pink Grapefruit and Argan Oil body wash 7OZ. I will replace with one of my Yves Rocher body washes. Not sure which one yet. 

Well I'll be back next week with some more hopefully Smiley HappySee you next Friday!!

@Jacie--This may sound silly, but does the Jack Black Shea butter balm smell like the old Black Jack gum? Licorice?  I am just wondering. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Tossing:

ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in One & Done - This is not done but it is very dry.  I did hit pan at least.  I wouldn't repurchase these.  I just can't use up cream shadows fast enough.

I am looking forward to using up a ton of products in 2017!

Respected Contributor

Isomers deep crease cream -this was ok, not a repurchase. Replaced with Belif aqua cream. 

Tossed:  Too faced better than s$x mascara -can you say racoon- not a repurchase. 

Tossed: Je ne se quois lipgloss.  Turned a weird pink on me.  Otherwise, seemed like a nice gloss.  Not a repurchase. 

Esteemed Contributor

I used a half a box of hair color. Today I decided to use Garnier Nutrisse just to try something different.

I tossed out some Covergirl makeup. The liquid eyeliner was dried out and the Outlast lipstick was too dry  like the lipstick was old.

Respected Contributor

@Leeny

Sadly, it does not! I used to LOVE the taste of that gum! The Jack Black Shea Balm has no taste or scent, and it really works!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

Jackie, have you ever tried Paulas Choice Lip and Body Treatment Balm? I'm just curious if you have if you could compare it to the Jack Black. I love Paulas Choice but it would be nice to have something in a tube to carry in my purse.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Saturday, Ladies!

Used up:

SKINN AM Sulfate free cleanser - that's it, I'm DONE! with SKINN.  Went back to using Neutrogena cleanser from the supermarket.  Love it! 

Avon Imari Seduction Body Lotion - love that scent, but I need to use up some of my BBW Shea Butter stash.  (I could open a BBW store in my linen closet!)  Started using the French Vanilla Lavender shea this morning and it's yummy.

Tossed another foundation that just wasn't working for me:  Maybelline Velvet whatever.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Isomers deep crease cream -this was ok, not a repurchase. Replaced with Belif aqua cream. 

Tossed:  Too faced better than s$x mascara -can you say racoon- not a repurchase. 

Tossed: Je ne se quois lipgloss.  Turned a weird pink on me.  Otherwise, seemed like a nice gloss.  Not a repurchase. 

@aprilskies -

I got the same mascara in a kit a while back & really dislike it. I keep hearing how popular it is and really don't understand it. I find the shape of the wand annoying & the mascara itself is a harsh shade of black and goes on clumpy, then it flakes. I hate to waste things so I haven't tossed it yet but I am close to doing so. 

Honored Contributor

Philosophy: lavender and rosemary body lotion

Josie Maran: caramel apple body butter

Bliss: grapefruit+aloe body butter

I will now start using my Christmas gifts.