Respected Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 1/22?

Good morning, Beauties!  I had a good week using up products.

I used up

Clinique Smart Night Moisturizer. It didn't break me out, which is great. It doesn't feel as moisturizing as other moisturizers. So, I would use it if it comes in a set, but I am not sure if I would repurchase by itself.

Cosrx Good Morning Cleanser Very gentle and fragrance free. I might repurchase some other time, but now I am trying Cetaphil because it is more easily assessible.

Covergirl Trueblend Matte Made Foundation. I like how this foundation covers and feels.  I might repurchase. But I am using Clinique liquid foundation next.

Loreal Preference Hair Dye. I love how this turned out.  Very nice color.  I will repurchase after I use up some of my other hair dyes.

A sample packet of Ole Heriksen Truth C Rush Brightening Gel Cream. It smells like cremsicles.  Very pleasant smell. It feels good, too.  

Wow, that is a lot for me this week.  Share your empties and tosses.

Trusted Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 1/22?

I've used up two things that seemingly had bottomless pits!  I guess because I really didn't use much as one time.  I used up a Chanel Le Lift eye cream.  It's emollient and hydrating, but not really a treatment type product.  I've used the product for years as I found it didn't migrate into my eyes and cause irritation with contact lenses.  With additional darkness and wrinkles aroung my eyes now, I need something with more treatment attributes.  

I also used up an old (probably should have tossed it long ago) Chanel foundation - Lift Lumiere.  It's been discontinued for a year or more, but I just couldn't throw it out.  It used to be my holy grail foundation, but of course the company discontinued it!  I used to save it for only special occaisions until I realized that it would probably go bad so I started using it again in my foundation rotation.  

Still searching for another holy grail foundation.  That is, for when the face masks finally come off!  

Respected Contributor

Last week I mentioned tossing  a EL Double Wear eyeliner that wouldn't go on easily, crumbled when sharpened and part of the crayon fell out. EL asked me for the batch number ,details and my order verification and they refunded me $28. I posted a review on their site and  they followed up. It was a nice surprise.

Gimme Brow by Benefit- I keep going back to this as natural and easy to apply quickly. It dries out though and not alot of product in the tube. Several shades offered. Replaced

IT CC+ Illumination Foundation- Replaced with the regular as not as shiny. Use daily and covers well. Just as easy as applying a sunscreen. Spf50. I wish it wouldnt transfer to my jacket collars  and hats as have to wash them or spot clean often.

Beekman Soap-Replaced with the same scent Ylang Ylang as find although stronger fragrance lasts longer as it takes me months to use up a bar by myself.

Respected Contributor

Nothing for me this week!

I guess that is testament to how long I have been following this thread. It really focused me on using things up and paying more attention to what I purchase!

Be well! Enjoy your weekend!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

@Georg  ELF makes a dupe for the Gimme Brow. I swear it works just as well, and at $4 a tube, it's okay if it doesn't last too long. Comes in dark brown and taupe. Maybe other colors as well, but these are the ones I buy. I am loving all the new ELF products!

Honored Contributor

I used up a tube of Philosophy Warm Cashmere body lotion.  Was given to me as a gift.  Liked it fine but I'm working through my stash so replaced with my all time favorite body butter by Josie Maran.

Tossed all my Tweaked shampoos and conditioners and hair masks.  Definitely was causing my hair loss and didn't feel right giving the items to anyone else since i had that problem so in the trash they went.  Loving my Paul Mitchell hair products and hair loss has gone down to hardly anything now. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend!  

Honored Contributor

I used up:

Milani Easy Automatic Brow Pencil - full size.  I wasn't a big fan of this.  I had the Natural Taupe and the shade just wasn't perfect for me.  I replaced this with the ELF Instant Lift Brow Pencil.  

The Inky List Caffeine Eye Cream - full size.  This was quite nice for $10.00.  I have long given up thinking that any eye cream is going to do anything for dark circles or fine lines.  I just want an eye cream that is moisturizing without causing milia or causing my under eye make-up to run.  I replaced with the Cetaphil eye cream.   

O'Keefe's Foot Cream - full size.  This was recommended to me by a friend as being really good.  Meh.  I'd probably buy it again except it's kind of hard to find by me.  It was nothing special but I've yet to find a foot cream that wows me.       

Respected Contributor

Happy Weekend!  I used up:

Lancôme eye make up remover. 1.7 oz I have other removers to use up.

EOS honeydew lip treatment.  I have too many lip products even with a prior purge.  But would repurchase. 

BBW kitchen lemon - replaced with a winter candy apple.

Jergens ultra healing 2 oz.  replaced with another for my purse.

Thats it for me this week.  Have a happy, safe weekend.  

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't worn any makeup since last February, so haven't used up any of that.

Used up:

Amara Beauty Retinol Cream -- replaced with Alpha Hydrox Retinol for a change.  The AH is not as moisturizing as the Amara.  So far, I don't particularly like how the Alpha Hydrox feels on my skin.  Maybe it's my imagination....

Amara Beauty Vitamin C Serum -- replaced with Derma-E Vit C.  

I shouldn't have changed 2 products in the same week.  My complexion is breaking out in tiny pimples.  I don't know if it's the Derma-E or the Alpha Hydrox causing the problem. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties!

I used up 2 things last week, both were items that I got last summer from a local vendor at an arts/crafts type event. 

Xowen Farms Baja Cactus shower wash cream 8.5oz- this was a very nice shower cream but it wasn't my favorite scent. I have a scrap of the matching lotion scent left to use up. 

Xowen Farms Gentle exfoliation face wash- I don't know the size on this. It was nice, but made my skin feel a tad dry, especially in the winter. 

I got a whole gift basket full of items at an auction and I'm not sure how many of them I would bother to repurchase on their own, but the auction was for a good cause, so the money was well spent. 

I replaced the shower cream with a shower gel that was in a gift set that hubby gave me for Christmas, I don't even recall the brand, it was nothing common, something that was out for the holidays. 

I'll just go back to my regular everyday face cleanser Avalon Organics. I already have one open in the shower.