Honored Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 1/17?

I used up my baby powder and decided to try the lavender cornstartch powder by Johnsons.  I am allergic to all deoderants and anti-per.

Have a great weekend.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I tossed out two mascaras that were drying out and flaking under my eyes: Covergirl Clump Crusher water resistant version and L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes. I think when you buy a mascara that was manufactured 1-2 years before you buy it from looking at the batch codes, those will go bad quickly too and that's what those mascaras were.

I also tossed out a Covergirl Trublend Undercover concealer as it creased under my eyes and I don't like the giant doe foot applicator as it applied too much.

Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-a 60 count jar of First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads.  These are nice glycolic pads.  Replaced with same.

-a tube of N1p + Fab Exfoliate Glycolic Scrub Fix.  This is my favorite glycolic cleanser/scrub.  After cleansing with a mild soap and drying my skin, I put this on to use as a mask and leave it sit for 3-5 minutes.  Then I wet my hands, massage my face and rinse.  It works really well this way.  The granules are not jagged either.

-a tube of Out of Africa Shea Butter Hand Cream (Vanilla).  I like this.  It is not my absolute favorite hand cream ever, but I do enjoy putting it on before bed.  It is slightly greasy, but does do a good job healing and smoothing my hands when I've dried them out from frequent washings.

I tossed:

-a tube of First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy.  Not sure how they came up with the name.  This is a do-nothing product.  It's a cream, so it wears off quickly and you have to keep re-applying.  It did not dry out my lips, but it didn't seem to do much to moisturize them either.  Will move on to something else instead.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant- a staple, replaced with the same from stash.

It Bye Bye Makeup Wipes- these are ok, replaced with another pack of the same from the stash. 

Have a good weekend all.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

I just finished on of those giant 1L Korres shower gels in papaya mango. I feel victorious! Replaced it with another giant in guava coconut. I'll report back on finishing that one in 2021 LOL!