Super Contributor

TGIF Beauties! What Did You Up This Week 4/20

Happy Friday Beauties,

Hope you all had a great week and will be having a safe and wonderful weekend. Another slow week for me.  I did not use up anything. What did you use up?

Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Up This Week 4/20

Just a few things this week:

NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray-just OK I like Wet n Wild or Mac Prep & Prime better. Dewy finish products can be tricky after a certain age. i.e you aren't fooling anyone! Too old and too dewy doesn't work!

L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil Shampoo, love this and replaced with the same, but now it's called Elvive. Still not sure why they did that!

Clear Care Plus Contact lens solution.

Have a glorious weekend!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I was not here last week, so this is a double for me

Morracan Oil- small size bottle, did not like the scent at all, will not replace

Pureology Hydrate Shampoo-I purchased this originally with a groupon and have liked it, so it has now replaced my Biolage I used for years

Catwalk Curls Rock Amplifier-Love this, replaced with same and cheaper than the Aveda I used to use (and I did not like the Aveda scent)

That is it for my two weeks, have a great weekend!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

Nothing for me this week. But I have several bottles and jars of skincare that are almost done. So, I should have some to report next week.

Have a great weekend, Beauties!

Honored Contributor

It has been a slow go for me but I'm close on a few things.  I used up:

Eucerin Intensive Repair Body Lotion - full size.  I really didn't care for this.  I thought it would help with the chicken skin on my upper arms but it didn't.  This left my legs feeling sticky but I soldiered on.  LOL  I wouldn't buy this again.  

Esteemed Contributor

I threw out the Avon mascara (discontinued) and the Cover Girl clump crusher mascara I've had open for awhile.  I like them both, but it was their time to go.  I opened a tube of Maybelline Great Lash waterproof.  They really should change the name.  Smiley Frustrated  I'm not sure if the formula is the problem or the brush, but it clumps.

I also used up some samples:

-Hask Hawaiian Sea Salt shampoo and conditioner.  This was okay, but not something I will purchase.

-Shiseido Ibuki Beauty Sleeping Mask.  This had a faint scent to it that was nice, but it didn't do anything.  I have dry skin and this is a gel product that didn't moisturize well enough, so it's not for me.

-Son & Park Beauty Water.  This was nice.  I'm thinking of buying the full size.  Non-drying.

That's it for this week.  Have a nice weekend!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Good Friday everyone!

I used up 1 item this week — Blistex Medicated Lip Balm in mint flavor — replaced with Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in clear — I use it nightly before I go to sleep.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Hi Joseygirl and beauties.  Threw away three mascaras.  Old and empty and one I hated. And - that's it for me.

Have great weekends everyone!  Warm weather please!

Valued Contributor

Happy Friday to all!

This week I used up:

Nexxus Hydralight shampoo.  This is one of my favorites but not the only shampoo I use.  I had another in my stash.

CeraVe Skin Renewing Retinol Cream.  I have moved on to other retinols so won't replace this.

The conditioner from my Garnier Nutrisse haircolor.  

Tossed:  An IT Cosmetics concealer brush.  This is the retracting one that came with Bye Bye Undereye and I always found it awkward to use.  I'm trying to weed out my brushes as I have so many I haven't touched in ages.  

Have a great weekend!

Esteemed Contributor

I used up a jar of Andrea Eye Q eye makeup remover pads. I replaced them with one from Marcelle.

I tossed out a couple of recent purchases - a Gigi Hadid Maybelline tinted primer in the light/medium shade. This color is way to dark for a tinted primer and was marketed as a contour primer to apply before foundation. Uhmm, no, but it shows how a model and drugstore makeup brand collab can go very wrong. This product should never have seen the light of day.

I also got rid of a W 7 bronzer as it's too glittery and an Almay bronzer as it's also too shimmery.

I also tossed out a Maybelline Master Contour palette trio in the medium to dark shade as there's is way too much powder fallout in this product's blush even though the colors are nice. I don't have this problem with the same palette in the light/medium colors. I suspect that this Maybelline palette had some production flaws as I never have a problem with Maybelline powders. I got fed up with cleaning up powder residue off the bathroom counter.

I also donated a big tube of a Priceline Pharmacy sunscreen as the texture is too sticky for me and I won't use it. I bought it in Australia when I forgot to bring one along with me on a trip to the beach but didn't use it after that time.

I also tossed out a Covergirl matte lipstick. The color is not flattering and dry matte finishes look good in a photo but not in real life.