Esteemed Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Up This Week 1/25?

Did not use up anything but did some decluttering:

A Clinique mini lip crayon that was part of a 3 piece kit, I got rid of the nude shade as it doesn't suit me.

I also got rid of some blushes including ones by Essence and Pixi. Most are shades I already have and don't use.

Also tossed out some makeup primers by Smashbox and Maybelline as they are too drying for my face.

Esteemed Contributor

I tossed an Almay eyeliner that was broken.  Can't think of what I used up in the past few weeks, but I'm working on some shampoos and body lotion (skin is very dry right now). 

Have a a great weekend beauties.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Thank you for starting the thread @momoftwo2007. I appreciate it!

Used up:

32 oz. WEN Mandarin Italian Fig CC- nice, replaced with Pomegranate from stash. 

Dr. Teals Foaming Bath Ginger & Clay- DH used this up as showergel, replaced with Dial Marula Oil Bodywash from stash.

Phyto Paris Botanical Straightening Balm- I like this but it is. pricey, trying Sleek and Shine from Garnier. 

Josie Maran Argan Oil- have more in stash.

Josie Maran Argan Oil Be Giving (vanilla fig scent)- like the original better.

Elariia Double Latte with Peppermint Body Cream- loved this scent, my last one its been discontinued for a long time. Wish Perlier would bring this back. Replaced with Origins Smoothing Souffle.

Gave Away:

32 oz. Philosophy Apple Cider 3 n 1

32 oz. Philosophy Gingerbread Man 3 n 1

2 bottles of 32 oz. WEN Pomegranate CC

Hope to see @joseygirl posting again soon!

Have a good week all.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @momoftwo2007, for starting this thread back up.  I have quite a list of things to post that I have been saving for weeks.  Smiley Embarassed

I hope Joseygirl is fine and is just taking some time off.  Heart

Here are the things I tossed:

-2 12oz bottles of aloe vera.  Expired.

-an Avon hair brush that was missing several of the nubs on the ends of the bristles...ouch.

-an Avon Glimmersticks waterproof eyeliner in Black.  Was old.

-an Avon Mineral Wear lip gloss.  Also old.

-2 NYX lipliner pencils.  These things were never good.  Too hard and dry.

-NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Sao Paolo.  Was from an Ipsy bag; too bright of a color for me.

-a Pacifica Devocean lip color.  Old.

-a Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Plum.  Also old.

-a Buxom eyeliner that was supposed to be for the waterline, but wasn't good for that.  So I never used it and it got old.

-an E.l.f. Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in "Soiree."  This must have been their version of Colourpop's Supershock shadows.  It dried up and was like a little hockey puck in the jar.

-an Avon Mark Eyeshadow single in "Lotus."  I used it a few times and found it to be disappointing, so out it went.

-a Minerva Gold Collagen sample.  This is a dietary supplement in liquid form.  Not only did I not want to risk having one of the ingredients interact poorly with the drugs and supplements I already take, but you cannot tell from one dose if something is going to work or not. 

-some Avon eyeshadow samples.  I have plenty of eyeshadow and don't need to force myself to use these up.  Will not travel with them either, because I would rather travel with shadows I like more.

-a travel-size Tom's deodorant.  Was expired.

-a NYX retractable eyeliner in "Purple."  I was hoping this would be good for the waterline, but it's not.  It's also not any good for the lashline.  Too dry.

-an Avon Big Color eye pencil in "Copper."  Was old and getting dry.

-a Cover Girl Clean Invisible Concealer.  It was indeed invisible.  So invisible that it didn't cover anything.

-Maybelline Master Prime Blur + Redness Control Primer.  This is a worthless product.  It did nothing to neutralize redness, did not blur imperfections and did not seem to make my foundation last longer or look any better.  Total waste of money.

Things I donated:

-a couple of hair gadgets I will never use.

-the Lorac Brunch palette.  I wanted so badly to love it, but the quality is nothing like their other Pro palettes.

-several perfume samples, bottles of perfume, body spray, lotion, self-tanning lotion, etc.

Things I used up:

-a Tony Moly Olive mask sheet.  Smelled like perfume.  Will not repurchase that one.

-a Tony Moly Tea Tree mask sheet.  This one is nice when I have had breakouts and I need my skin to heal.

- a Tony Moly Ceramide mask sheet.  I like this one when my skin is kind of dry.  It has a light scent that does not bother me.

-a Leaders 7 Wonders Mediterranean Olive Brightening Mask.  This one is really good for dry skin.  I don't know if it brightens or not, but it makes my skin feel nice and look more nourished.

-a Leaders 7 Wonders Caribbean Coconut Calming Mask.  This one was okay, but I didn't think it was as nice as the Olive Brightening Mask.

-a Freeman Beauty Infusion Hydrating Cream Mask.  This came in a little pod that had 3 uses worth of product in it.  It is nice for dry skin, but it stung just a little bit when I put it on, so I'm not sure how I feel about it.

-a sample of Hello FAB Coconut Water Cream.  This was a gel-type "cream" that did not moisturize my dry skin enough for me to want to purchase.  Would be better for someone with a different skin type.

-a bottle of Suave Professionals Black Raspberry and White Tea Conditioner.  Was too light for my dry hair and I didn't care for the smell.

-an Alba coconut conditioner.  I really liked that one.  Am not sure if it is still available or not.

-an 8 oz bottle of Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap (Almond).  I use this for a lot of different things.  Can wash my face with it or my makeup brushes or whatever.

-a 1.6 oz jar of The Body Shop's Coconut body butter

-a 1 oz tube of Garnier Micellar Foaming Gel Cleanser.  This is okay, but it does not take off eye makeup and is a little drying for my skin.  I have another deluxe sample of it to use up, but will not be purchasing the full size.

-a 4 oz tube of Acure Brightening Facial Scrub.  This stuff is comparable to ExfoliKate and costs much less.  But it is a bit harsh for my skin, so I only use it when I need the extra exfoliation.

-some shampoo and body wash have been used up in the past weeks, but I don't remember what they were.

Whew!!!

That was a lotta stuff.

Image result for tired squirrel

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the super cold and snowy weather.  Smiley Very Happy

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

I haven't been keeping track of what I've used up because I haven't seen thiis thread in a few weeks, but I can think of a couple of things that I've used up since we last posted:

Tree Hut Shea butter body butter in Moroccan Rose 7oz- this was actually really nice, had a very nice mild scent that didn't fade away and seemed to moisturize pretty well too. I didn't repurchase because I have several body butters here to use up, plus I'm not a huge fan of dipping my fingers into jars, I prefer tubes, but I would consider it again in the future

Pacifica hair and body mist in Lilac scent 6oz- this was actually a very nice lilac scent and I really liked it when I first purchased it, but I seemed to tire of the scent quickly. I don't think I'll repurchase for that reason

I donated a Tree Hut bath bomb because I never take baths, and gave away a dollar store bottle of cologne that I didn't care for. 

That's all I can think of for now. I know it's been a pretty slow month so there might not have been anything else. 

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Thank you @momoftwo2007, for starting this thread back up.  I have quite a list of things to post that I have been saving for weeks.  Smiley Embarassed

I hope Joseygirl is fine and is just taking some time off.  Heart

Here are the things I tossed:

-2 12oz bottles of aloe vera.  Expired.

-an Avon hair brush that was missing several of the nubs on the ends of the bristles...ouch.

-an Avon Glimmersticks waterproof eyeliner in Black.  Was old.

-an Avon Mineral Wear lip gloss.  Also old.

-2 NYX lipliner pencils.  These things were never good.  Too hard and dry.

-NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Sao Paolo.  Was from an Ipsy bag; too bright of a color for me.

-a Pacifica Devocean lip color.  Old.

-a Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Plum.  Also old.

-a Buxom eyeliner that was supposed to be for the waterline, but wasn't good for that.  So I never used it and it got old.

-an E.l.f. Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in "Soiree."  This must have been their version of Colourpop's Supershock shadows.  It dried up and was like a little hockey puck in the jar.

-an Avon Mark Eyeshadow single in "Lotus."  I used it a few times and found it to be disappointing, so out it went.

-a Minerva Gold Collagen sample.  This is a dietary supplement in liquid form.  Not only did I not want to risk having one of the ingredients interact poorly with the drugs and supplements I already take, but you cannot tell from one dose if something is going to work or not. 

-some Avon eyeshadow samples.  I have plenty of eyeshadow and don't need to force myself to use these up.  Will not travel with them either, because I would rather travel with shadows I like more.

-a travel-size Tom's deodorant.  Was expired.

-a NYX retractable eyeliner in "Purple."  I was hoping this would be good for the waterline, but it's not.  It's also not any good for the lashline.  Too dry.

-an Avon Big Color eye pencil in "Copper."  Was old and getting dry.

-a Cover Girl Clean Invisible Concealer.  It was indeed invisible.  So invisible that it didn't cover anything.

-Maybelline Master Prime Blur + Redness Control Primer.  This is a worthless product.  It did nothing to neutralize redness, did not blur imperfections and did not seem to make my foundation last longer or look any better.  Total waste of money.

Things I donated:

-a couple of hair gadgets I will never use.

-the Lorac Brunch palette.  I wanted so badly to love it, but the quality is nothing like their other Pro palettes.

-several perfume samples, bottles of perfume, body spray, lotion, self-tanning lotion, etc.

Things I used up:

-a Tony Moly Olive mask sheet.  Smelled like perfume.  Will not repurchase that one.

-a Tony Moly Tea Tree mask sheet.  This one is nice when I have had breakouts and I need my skin to heal.

- a Tony Moly Ceramide mask sheet.  I like this one when my skin is kind of dry.  It has a light scent that does not bother me.

-a Leaders 7 Wonders Mediterranean Olive Brightening Mask.  This one is really good for dry skin.  I don't know if it brightens or not, but it makes my skin feel nice and look more nourished.

-a Leaders 7 Wonders Caribbean Coconut Calming Mask.  This one was okay, but I didn't think it was as nice as the Olive Brightening Mask.

-a Freeman Beauty Infusion Hydrating Cream Mask.  This came in a little pod that had 3 uses worth of product in it.  It is nice for dry skin, but it stung just a little bit when I put it on, so I'm not sure how I feel about it.

-a sample of Hello FAB Coconut Water Cream.  This was a gel-type "cream" that did not moisturize my dry skin enough for me to want to purchase.  Would be better for someone with a different skin type.

-a bottle of Suave Professionals Black Raspberry and White Tea Conditioner.  Was too light for my dry hair and I didn't care for the smell.

-an Alba coconut conditioner.  I really liked that one.  Am not sure if it is still available or not.

-an 8 oz bottle of Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap (Almond).  I use this for a lot of different things.  Can wash my face with it or my makeup brushes or whatever.

-a 1.6 oz jar of The Body Shop's Coconut body butter

-a 1 oz tube of Garnier Micellar Foaming Gel Cleanser.  This is okay, but it does not take off eye makeup and is a little drying for my skin.  I have another deluxe sample of it to use up, but will not be purchasing the full size.

-a 4 oz tube of Acure Brightening Facial Scrub.  This stuff is comparable to ExfoliKate and costs much less.  But it is a bit harsh for my skin, so I only use it when I need the extra exfoliation.

-some shampoo and body wash have been used up in the past weeks, but I don't remember what they were.

Whew!!!

That was a lotta stuff.

Image result for tired squirrel

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the super cold and snowy weather.  Smiley Very Happy

@mistriTsquirrel  Wow, that is an impressive list of stuff that you decluttered and used up!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @momoftwo2007!!  I feel a bit lighter now.  Smiley Happy

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

Josie Moran body butter and Josie Moran face butter

Aussie 3 minute conditioner and freida blonde color conditioner and shampoo

Dove body wash extra moisture for sensitive skin 

Jar Cetaphil 

thayers witch hazel ,lavender

dove spray deodorant

It foundation [light]

cathy from ma