Valued Contributor

Re: TGIF BEauties! What Did You Use Up this Week 10/6?

All I used up this week was a Neutrogena lip balm. 

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Esteemed Contributor

I threw out an old eyeliner and an old lipliner.  I don't think I'll be looking for replacements, because I don't use those colors anymore.

I used up a Giovanni 2 Chic Avocado and Olive Oil Leave-In Conditoner and Styling Elixir.  Replaced with same.

I also used up a Nivea In-Shower body lotion.  I don't care for the ingredient decks of the in-shower body lotions I've looked at, but sometimes I need to get out the door and it's quicker to use the in-shower lotion.  The one I used up was the almond oil formula in the dark blue bottle.  It is too fragranced for my liking.  Not sure yet if I will replace it with the cocoa butter one or the shea butter one.  I have both, and neither of them seem to be as pungent as the almond oil one.

That's it for this week.  Enjoy your weekend!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Honua Olena Beauty Oil - This is a facial oil made of tumeric.  I don't know what skunk smells like but this has been compared to that.  Got in a monthly box but wouldn't repurchase it.  

Oral-G Complete Satin Floss sample - Got this from the dentist and liked it.  I've been trying to floss more this year so I'm excited that I finished another pack of floss.  Replacing with another sample from the dentist.

Tossed:

Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi-use in Eros mini - This was a cream blush/lipstick.  It was a pretty color but smelled earthy, as in dirt.  The smells got to me this month.  I have another cream blush in the same color from Stowaway that is completely unscented.  This is also a year old and is "natural" so it's past its expiration date.  It smelled "earthy" from day 1, not due to age.

Zoya PixieDust in Sunshine - This is a textured polish that I liked but rarely used blue on my nails.  It's pretty old so it's time to go.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Saturday one and all!

Used up: 

Garnier Fructus Root Amp.   Not my favorite but can't find anything I like any better for giving my short hair a volume boost.  Replaced with same.

B&BW "Sea Island Cotton" shower gel and body lotion.  Got "Beautiful Day" and "Magic In The Air" out of my stash.

Tossed: 

L'oreal Lash Paradise.  Too thick and gloppy for me - didn't like the application brush either.  Replaced with my usual L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Just one thing for me this week:

Covergirl Aquasmooth foundation in Creamy Natural- I've repurchased this many times over the years but I'm trying to see if I can find a cruelty free alternative. I have 3 other ones here to work on, Wet and Wild Photo Focus, Physicians Formula Cushion Compact and Missha BB cream. I like the PF but I don't like the delivery system so I don't know if I'll keep buying it or not. The WnW is ok and I have to open the Missha still.

Trusted Contributor

I almost never have an answer for this, but this week I do.  I used up an IT Universal brow pencil.  I always have another in the stash.  I also used up Loreal Boost It High Lift Creation Spray and replaced with same.  Also used up Suave Sleek Anti-Frizz smooth and shine cream, replaced with same.

Respected Contributor

@Oshare-girl

Anything that smells like skunk-- should be tossed out. If the smell isn't pleasant, it's not worth using. Skunk is pungent and disgusting. I don't know how you could even try it.