Honored Contributor

No regrets | wanderlustic2

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz   Thanks for suggestion. Where is it available? Not sure how it would do on the face in a wrinkled, textured area...also in photos.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I’m not understanding how brows have dropped below the tattoo,

in this situation.

Isn’t the tattoo on the skin?

So if the skin droops, the tattoo droops as well...yes?

@sidsmom   Definitely not an expert, but it seems like the tattoo artist drew them in an arch not matching her natural brow shape to imitate a lifted look. As her skin in brow area began to sag w/ age, which is natural, the “arch” is quite noticeable above the brow hair. Add to that issue, the thinning of brow hairs also makes it more obvious. 

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma   Yes, brow lifts are sometimes done when women have plastic surgery on their eyes. 

Ooooh, a long post after back from Charlotte. Re: makeup. It looks like we’re staying in the rose gold, apricots, reddish orange warm tones for fall/winter. Hopefully some more choices for holiday. I saw only a few shadow palettes with greys and lavenders. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TATOOS GONE WRONG

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Thanks so very much for your reply.

Suddenly i thought i might look good in a peachy color....lol......i tried it and it made me look tired........lol 

so then i tried a really lovely clear rosey red  and   whala...lol............. I droped a few yrs off my old 82.......lol

I'm blond,old  and  fair.........and red  seems to be my color............lol

Thanks again for replying  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Shanus 

These are two tried and true cosmetics used by Drag Queens you might want to look into.

download.jpeg

shopping.jpeg

This is good advice. Drag queens block off their eyebrows so they disappear, so they can paint them on. And that includes the older ones. I think they use a glue stick first? There's a genetically female youtube channel lady named Lucy Garland who does drag makeup on herself, though she is already very feminine looking. Here's a link to a video on how she covers her brows: HOW TO: COVER EYEBROWS + FOUNDATION TUTORIAL 

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma   As I've gotten older I had to rethink my makeup many times over as my face changed.  One thing I have learned is that I need to add color more and more.  Older skin gets kind of drab, eyebrows and eyelashes fade, and lips become invisible.  The trick is finding the colors that bring out your best!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Re: TATOOS GONE WRONG

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain   Watched the link....rather heavy makeup for a 65-70 yr. old woman and definitely won’t be using that type of full coverage foundation.

MUA use a clear soap, drop of water on a spookiest to brush up brows and hold them in place...still for younger women since more theatrical and not as natural, for example, for wedding photos. 

***Glue Stick? Eventually no brows left to worry about. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Interesting dilemma. First time for everything. So happy I didn’t get that bee put on my rear 20 years ago. Lord knows where, on my thigh, it’d be now. Lol

@Shanus 

Interesting!  I never really wanted a tattoo but I wanted the experience of a tattoo.  When I finally decided on the design I went with four small bees -- two on each thigh.  No one can see them.

I plan to donate my body to our local college.  Over time the color has faded and the yellow on the bees is non-existent.  Students will gaze upon my corpse and wonder:

Why did she put flies on her thighs?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee   Cat LOLWoman LOLSmiley Very Happy

Laura loves cats!