Honored Contributor

I met with a woman this week to do her Mother of the Bride makeup this weekend. She’d had her brows “tattooed” and not only are they too dark, but the natural brows have dropped with age and are obviously below the permanent tattoo. She had her brows and liner tattooed before microblading came on the scene. 

The tatoos have faded some, but it will be tough to disguise them sitting there above the natural brow. We discussed this issue and I’ve decided to use Dermablend to cover the bottom line of her natural brow and upper line of tattooed brow. Hopefully the brow will look natural, lifted and in the proper place. I’ll give the brows attention first before starting the makeup to test it out. 

Interesting dilemma. First time for everything. So happy I didn’t get that bee put on my rear 20 years ago. Lord knows where, on my thigh, it’d be now. Lol

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad I didn't do it either.  It still crosses my mind.  @Shanus thanks for the visual.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with you all -- I've entertained things and even did research, but let it go. I would like to do something with eyelids. But again, I've lost the urgency. Thanks for sharing. I never considered the brow drop fiasco.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

I know someone who had permanent lip liner tattooed, in a dark plum color.  Not the full lip, just the outline.  Well you can imagine how it looks when her lipstick wears off! 

Trusted Contributor

A store clerk where I live had her  lips outline tattooed in brown way, way back.  It wouldn't look so obvious now if she wore lipstick but she never does.  Oh well! To each her own.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow  Shanus ,I am so glad the stylist forgot to do my brows a few yrs ago when I was getting my hair done for a special occasion.......lol.

I never thought of ageing and drooping brows...........lol

BTW,I wanted to ask you what color makeup is in this yr. I think you wrote a really good review a few days ago but I cannot find it.(unless someone else wrote it..lol)

TIA

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus 

These are two tried and true cosmetics used by Drag Queens you might want to look into.

download.jpeg

shopping.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I’m not understanding how brows have dropped below the tattoo,

in this situation.

Isn’t the tattoo on the skin?

So if the skin droops, the tattoo droops as well...yes?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom   That's exactly what I was thinking!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I'm thinking maybe she actually had the tattoos purposely put above the brows to make them look higher.  In that case, she should have removed her natural brows.  (I'm almost 71, and my brows, although sparse, are still in the same place where they always were.)

Laura loves cats!