Super Contributor

For me, the Pearl eye gave me milia almost immediately.

Honored Contributor

Since she sold out, is everything different? Like the ingredients-have they changed? Usually the new owners will usually use cheaper ingredients.

Super Contributor

@dbfromcali wrote:

@cupcaked wrote:

I am in love with the couple of TATCHA skin care products I have already tried and I'm ready to try more.  I use the powdered rice enzyme powder and the camillia oil cleanser, as well as the radiant deep brightening serum  (which I would not be without - it works!)

I'm now looking at The Water Cream and The Silk Cream - which is best?  Has anyone tried both and have a preference?  TIA for any advice.

@cupcaked  Just so you know, the deep brightening serum has been discontinued.  It is being replaced with a new Vitamin C serum which hasn't been released yet.  I emailed Tatcha customer service yesterday when I didn't see the serum on their website and that's what I was told. 

I love the vitamic c serum, I have it on auto delivery, I wonder if they will cancel it

Super Contributor

I have the silk cream, water cream and ageless.  My favorite is the water cream, it is so light and not heavy.  I use the water cream in the morning and one of the other two in the evenings or when my skin is really dry.

Super Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@Harpa   I too love The Pearl eye illuminating treatment.  I've repurchased both this and the Essence.  The two select items from this line in my opinion.

The pearl and the makeup primer are my favorite 2 products from tatcha

Honored Contributor

@cupcaked wrote:

Lots of thumbs up from me on the Essence.  I love that stuff.  It really does help.

Thanks!

I'm very interested to try the Tatcha Essence.

Essence is a MUST for my regime. Currently using Skinn Cosmetics Essence which is excellent!  Waiting  to see what offered for the upcoming Tatcha TSV event 

merlin_141973902_1b051fd9-0a2b-430a-8d3e-2a3552cceb71-jumbo.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor
Super important question: how do I use the Essence and silk canvas? I was gifted these items from a very loving family member yesterday. I tried to use the canvas this morning before church and was very frustrated. It was like applying foundation on top of peanut butter 😄. I also applied only a slight bit on my eyelids and underneath my eyes-same result.
Can y'all instruct me on how to use both? Thank you very much 🤟
Esteemed Contributor

@Midmod wrote:
Super important question: how do I use the Essence and silk canvas? I was gifted these items from a very loving family member yesterday. I tried to use the canvas this morning before church and was very frustrated. It was like applying foundation on top of peanut butter 😄. I also applied only a slight bit on my eyelids and underneath my eyes-same result.
Can y'all instruct me on how to use both? Thank you very much 🤟

@Midmod 

Shake out a few drops of the Essence to moisten both palms/fingers of your hands, then press over the skin. Skin should feel damp. Take some of the moisturizer, distribute evenly onto your fingertips and smooth onto the skin with upward motions. You can even press into the skin.

For extra eye support, take a smidge on [ring] fingertip, distribute with the other fingertip and press around eyes. Don't forget inner corners of the eyes.

I always press on eye cream, after I've smoothed on moisturizer, even around eyes.

Trusted Contributor
I thought that the silk canvas was a primer?
Esteemed Contributor

@Midmod wrote:
I thought that the silk canvas was a primer?

Oh! You are correct.

My response, though, was for Essence, followed by moisturizer. You would put a primer overtop of these.

I actually have the silk canvas, but very rarely use it. If so, it is with the lightest sweep of a fingertip, which I sweep over eye lids and or mouth before applying color. (I don't use a foundation, so I wouldn't put that on my face.)

The silk canvas does help the color to stay on better. But it has to be used very lightly indeed, otherwise it cakes at the end of the day (especially on eye lids.)

I actually don't do any shadow, just eye liner.

I hope this also helps!