Contributor

I am in love with the couple of TATCHA skin care products I have already tried and I'm ready to try more.  I use the powdered rice enzyme powder and the camillia oil cleanser, as well as the radiant deep brightening serum  (which I would not be without - it works!)

I'm now looking at The Water Cream and The Silk Cream - which is best?  Has anyone tried both and have a preference?  TIA for any advice.

Regular Contributor

Hi.  I have tried both and I also have tried Ageless and Indigo.  Right now I'm using Ageless.  Depends on your skin type and skin concerns.  The Water Cream is a gel that penetrates quickly and helps with redness and the appearance of pores, Silk is more anti aging and a little bit creamier, but not as creamy as Ageless.  However, when it comes to Water Cream and Silk Cream both work well on normal and combination skin, but the Water Cream in my opinion works better for oily skins.  If your skin is on the drier side, Water Cream might not be enough, in that case Silk or Ageless.  There is a difference in price as well, Water Cream is less expensive.  I hope this helps.  

Contributor

Yes, thank you so much :-)

Respected Contributor

Re: TATCHA - What's Next?

[ Edited ]

@cupcakedI have normal skin but in the cooler months, my skin can occasionally get dryer but not super dry. You didn't mention your skin type? I am now using both Tatcha & Josie Maran products but do not mix them. You might want to try Tatcha's Essence which is expensive but lasts a long time. First your oil cleanser then Essence then your serum. I have the Tatcha's Rice Polish in Gentle. I also have her Silk Cream which is for normal to dry skin but not for super dry skin. The most hydrating one she has is the indigno cream which is her most costly one & the best for dry skin. I was gifted her primer but have not tryed it yet.                                    I did not care for her water cream at all on my skin. I would think that its best for oil or combo skin types. 

Esteemed Contributor

Too pricey for my blood.  I’m tired of paying to return.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@cupcaked wrote:

I am in love with the couple of TATCHA skin care products I have already tried and I'm ready to try more.  I use the powdered rice enzyme powder and the camillia oil cleanser, as well as the radiant deep brightening serum  (which I would not be without - it works!)

I'm now looking at The Water Cream and The Silk Cream - which is best?  Has anyone tried both and have a preference?  TIA for any advice.

@cupcaked  Just so you know, the deep brightening serum has been discontinued.  It is being replaced with a new Vitamin C serum which hasn't been released yet.  I emailed Tatcha customer service yesterday when I didn't see the serum on their website and that's what I was told. 

Contributor

Lots of thumbs up from me on the Essence.  I love that stuff.  It really does help.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@cupcaked 

I have the silk cream, but it is not my favorite.

A Tatcha that I do like, however, is the Pearl, underlight & eye treatment (also formulated w/ silk), which I use for a bit of brightening. The medium was too dark, and even the light (moonlight) seems a bit more tinted than I like.

But as far as moisturizer, I have other favorites apart from the Tatcha line.

Respected Contributor

@cupcaked  I use the Essence morning & night & mentioned it to you awhile ago. Its expensive but worth the cost since you only need so little & it last a long time. What face cream did you decide to purchase? Tatcha Camilla oil for cleansing is one of my favorites too!

Trusted Contributor

@Harpa   I too love The Pearl eye illuminating treatment.  I've repurchased both this and the Essence.  The two select items from this line in my opinion.