Respected Contributor

Re: TATCHA?Is it great?

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl @Too bad Sephora won’t be giving out samples for a long time. I bought the Essence and within 4 days it made my normal skin so dry. Other than dry me out I did not notice any change in my skin. It does get good reviews on Sephora website. 

Valued Contributor

I have used the rice enzyme powder and it works great as a gentle exfoliator. I use this a few times a week, never on consecutive days. I have also tried the Essence, and I don't think it did anything for my skin. The only moisturizer i tried was the water cream and while i think it did a good job and worked well for me, I didn't think the price was justified. There are smilar moisturizers at a lower price point. 

Esteemed Contributor

All these skin care things are subjective. Sometimes it is hard to receive recommendations from others, since we are all coming from different places.

I like silk in skincare and also green tea, so I've dabbled w/ some Tatcha. But the things I've tried, I cannot say they performed any better or any worse than others.

Valued Contributor

Re: TATCHA?Is it great?

[ Edited ]

Which cleanser did you order? I have the gentle and do like it.I'll just stay with Perricone. I keep thinking it's way too expensive but Tatcha is also expensive. My skin seems to do better with the DMAE firming I get from Perricone. I really appreciate the replies, saves me from another costly mistake

Honored Contributor

Mostly hype. Fancy packaging....that is why the high price. Products I tried just OK. Nothing to get excited over.   They push the "old book recipes"....from the Geisha....bla bla bla....just another made up story like  the  70 year old Argan lady story for Joise's products. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nadine  ...  I love their THE SILK CANVAS Filter Finish Protective Primer.  That is the only Tatcha product I have ever tried.  

Respected Contributor

I use the Rice Exfoliating Powder.  It's very gentle. I've been using it for YEARS ... probably about 2-3x per week.  LOVE IT.  That is the one Tatcha product that I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I truly like Tatcha for my combo skin. I use the Rice Enzyme Cleanser, but not the oily one. The Essence is a product that I'd rate near the top for overall glow, plumping and refining. I use it each morning along with the Water and neck cream. At night, I use the new Vit C serum and Night Concentrate one night and the Ageless Renewal alone the next night.

The Silk Canvas is a nice primer, but I don't apply daily. Tatcha doesn't have an all-over cleanser available or eye products that I can use without causing clogged ducts or milia. 

I appreciate the more nature-based ingredients which are a huge calling card for me in the last years. QVC's kits make Tatcha more affordable for me. I'm excited to see the upcoming TSV.

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE TATCHA and credit it for reviving my skin.  I had been a loyal Isomers devotee for decades, but noticed that my skin had lost its radiance when I reached 70.  So I first dipped my toe into TATCHA with a TSV, and added the Essence to it.  As I remember, that TSV was the oil cleanser and the rice polish.  My radiance started coming back, so I added more TATCHA products, usually one at a time.  The Vitamin C Mask was next.  WOW!!!!!  My skin started to glow again!  I now use the complete line along with my Isomers serums.  This combination is terrific for me.  For a long time now I buy my TATCHA in kits and put them on auto-delivery to retain the special pricing.  Buying that way, and discovering that you need very little TATCHA at a time, it is actually quite affordable.  Especially that quality!  I won't be without it and look forward to seeing what the next TSV will be.

Valued Contributor

Barbara that's awesome that you've added Isomers into your regime. Which serums are you using?