Honored Contributor

TARTE TSV: NO BRUSHES PLEASE

I've noticed that not only the Tarte TSV, but other TSV beauty kits include at least one brush. They add it into the list of retail prices. 

I have more brushes than a portrait painter. Most are my favorite "go tos" & don't need the 2 more in this TSV.  Many times the extra brushes keep me from purchasing a TSV.

I'm ordering  Tarte TSV because of the brushes, too dark lipcolor, lack of liner & don't love the mascara. The palette is tempting, but not worth the entire price. 

Respected Contributor

Re: TARTE TSV: NO BRUSHES PLEASE

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I've noticed that not only the Tarte TSV, but other TSV beauty kits include at least one brush. They add it into the list of retail prices. 

I have more brushes than a portrait painter. Most are my favorite "go tos" & don't need the 2 more in this TSV.  Many times the extra brushes keep me from purchasing a TSV.

I'm ordering  Tarte TSV because of the brushes, too dark lipcolor, lack of liner & don't love the mascara. The palette is tempting, but not worth the entire price. 

@Shanus I assume you mean *not* ordering...but it just goes to show you can't please everyone!  Like you, I definitely don't need the eyeshadow brush.  And normally I do agree with you about including brushes in general.  Having said that, I don't have anything like the foundation brush currently and am new to stick foundation, so I'm glad to be getting the combo.  Most kit lipstick shades are too light for me, and I'm very fair, but I have pigmented lips that make light lipstick look odd (IMO).  The lipstick shade in this kit is one of the reasons I ordered.  I don't use pencil eyeliner (did you mean eyeliner or lipliner?) and don't use black, which seems like the only eyeliner color ever included in kits...so I'm glad there's no eyeliner.  I have never bought the mascara but have used it from prior kits, and it's fine.  I love the look of the palette, and that's the main draw for me, but if I can't use everything like I expect to be able to, back it will go.

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus I assume you mean *not* ordering...but it just goes to show you can't please everyone!  Like you, I definitely don't need the eyeshadow brush.  And normally I do agree with you about including brushes in general.  Having said that, I don't have anything like the foundation brush currently and am new to stick foundation, so I'm glad to be getting the combo.  Most kit lipstick shades are too light for me, and I'm very fair, but I have pigmented lips that make light lipstick look odd (IMO).  The lipstick shade in this kit is one of the reasons I ordered.  I don't use pencil eyeliner (did you mean eyeliner or lipliner?) and don't use black, which seems like the only eyeliner color ever included in kits...so I'm glad there's no eyeliner.  I have never bought the mascara but have used it from prior kits, and it's fine.  I love the look of the palette, and that's the main draw for me, but if I can't use everything like I expect to be able to, back it will go.

@WenGirl42. Correct...not ordering. Hope you enjoy your TSV. Report back w/ a review.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I will!  Oh and I forgot to mention, I definitely don't need the bag.  Everyone can stop including bags and fancy boxes in kits as far as I'm concerned!

Trusted Contributor

I like many kits for the value, but there is always one or two products I don't want or need. Sometimes I sell them on eBay to defray the cost of the kit; sometimes I just give them away to friends who are on a tighter budget than I am. I, too, have plenty of brushes, and sometimes they just need to be replaced. I would be fine without adding brushes to a kit, but some people just starting out may appreciate them.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I would like to see them have to choices: with or without the brushes. 
Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I'll split the kit with you!  I'd like the foundation stick and lipstick/gloss, but I don't think the shadow colorsin the palette would work for me.  I also don't need the brushes, but do appreciate them in some kits.  It would be nice to have a choice!  As for the mascara, I used it years ago, and liked it, but it caused my lashes to fall out.

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@Shanus  I'll split the kit with you!  I'd like the foundation stick and lipstick/gloss, but I don't think the shadow colorsin the palette would work for me.  I also don't need the brushes, but do appreciate them in some kits.  It would be nice to have a choice!  As for the mascara, I used it years ago, and liked it, but it caused my lashes to fall out.

@ItsME  Wouldn't it be great if they gave us a list of products and let us choose the ones we'd like to add up to the amount of a TSV? A great idea. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shanus wrote:

@ItsME  Wouldn't it be great if they gave us a list of products and let us choose the ones we'd like to add up to the amount of a TSV? A great idea. 

@Shanus ....  I've been wanting a TSV like that for a LONG time!  Every TSV should be a Make Your Own Kit!

ETA .... wishing you a very happy, healthy and sweet new year!

Frequent Contributor

No disrespect to the poster. SOME of us were WAITING for the brush and clay stick foundation together. I can't afford both only one or the other. That brush is made for that foundation. I don't care either way for the bag
But, it is nice to have..PEACE.