Honored Contributor

TARGET: ANTI-THEFT STICKERS ON ONLY SOME FOUNDATIONS!!!

Whoa! I read this morning that shoppers are really miffed that Target has only placed anti-theft stickers on the darker shades of foundations. Did they not expect backlash?

Honored Contributor

Re: TARGET: ANTI-THEFT STICKERS ON ONLY SOME FOUNDATIONS!!!

Uh-oh! Wait till that goes viral on social media!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Is it possible that they put anti-theft stickers on all of their shades, sold out of the lighter ones, and then failed to put anti-theft stickers on the shades they re-stocked?

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They only put anti-theft devices on certain darker shades. Shameful.

Walmart has done this too - going so far as to lock up only certain hair care products that are very cheap to begin with.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/7news.com.au/business/retail/target-in-us-called-out-for-racist-anti-th...

9571A140-5E64-4579-BC9F-26FF9648FA00.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stores have ways of tracking sales and inventory. Is it possible only some shades were unaccounted for? If so, they did what they needed to do. Honestly, this sounds like a financial issue pure and simple. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

They only put anti-theft devices on certain darker shades. Shameful.

Walmart has done this too - going so far as to lock up only certain hair care products that are very cheap to begin with.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/7news.com.au/business/retail/target-in-us-called-out-for-racist-anti-th...

I read the article.  It sounds upsetting.  But the last part of the article was about a similar gripe with U.K. retailer Boots, and the article said this:

Boots responded by saying it attached security tags to all products it believed were being stolen.

"(We) do this regardless of what the product is, the cost of it, or which aisle they are on," the retailer said.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Is it possible that they put anti-theft stickers on all of their shades, sold out of the lighter ones, and then failed to put anti-theft stickers on the shades they re-stocked?

@mistriTsquirrel   No chance. Darker shades were specifically mentioned w/ photo.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12   That's the photo that accompanied the article this morning. I'm horrified! What are they thinking?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Stores have ways of tracking sales and inventory. Is it possible only some shades were unaccounted for? If so, they did what they needed to do. Honestly, this is a head shaker. This is a financial issue pure and simple. 

@stevieb   So as not to discriminate, if there's a theft issue, put the darn stickers on ALL shades. It's just not right. There are enough issues like this already.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Stores have ways of tracking sales and inventory. Is it possible only some shades were unaccounted for? If so, they did what they needed to do. Honestly, this is a head shaker. This is a financial issue pure and simple. 

@stevieb   So as not to discriminate, if there's a theft issue, put the darn stickers on ALL shades. It's just not right. There are enough issues like this already.

I totally agree, what were they thinking ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan