Honored Contributor

Re: TAKE AL's PHYTOCERAMIDES FOR SKIN DRYNESS?

@SilleeMee 

I just went to eBay to look for the Innistree green tea.  I just started on my 2nd bottle of Kombucha tea by Dr Ceuracle and really really like it.  But while on eBay I happened across this before and after photo advertising Snail Collagen.  Holy Moly! Smiley Wink

Image 1 - Snail Face Cream Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Anti-aging Face Cream

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Uh, ya think she might have had some work done??  Maybe just a little, ey?

Honored Contributor

Good grief!  My husband takes 2000mg of Vit C.  Google just told me that more than 400mg is excreted.

"Vitamin C's tolerable upper intake level (UL) is 2,000 mg per day for adults ages 19 and older."

But if 400mg is all a body can absorb, why waste it?  Mayo Clinic says the upper limit of Vit C is 2000 and the only real issue with too much is gastro related, like diarrhea.

Having said that, I feel like the recommended daily dose of vitamins is so watered down so that more people will fall within that recommended range.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I take 1000mg of pure VC powder everyday. I split the dosages into three and take them with food and drink. Taking too much VC increases the risk of getting kidney stones in some people. Best to keep yourself well hydrated when taking mega doses of any supp.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee 

Possibly Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

I just went to eBay to look for the Innistree green tea.  I just started on my 2nd bottle of Kombucha tea by Dr Ceuracle and really really like it.  But while on eBay I happened across this before and after photo advertising Snail Collagen.  Holy Moly! Smiley Wink

Image 1 - Snail Face Cream Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Anti-aging Face Cream

@monicakm The toner is called Isntree, if you're looking for the one I mentioned.  You might want to check your spelling.  Isntree has an Amazon store, which is how I ordered it. $20/6 oz.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Interesting thing about another cause of dry skin....

If you take statins then that can cause your skin to become dry b/c it reduces not only cholesterol but it also lowers ceramide levels, too. Ceramides are lipids. Statins make the skin porous by reducing the amount of ceramide molecules in the skin which act like mortar between the cells to prevent moisture loss. In other words statins cause holes to form in the outermost lipid barrier of the skin which can lead to more moisture lost from the skin.

@SilleeMee 

I have been taking Lipitor for over 10 years and never had this problem before.

I wonder if it is cumulative over the years?

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Interesting thing about another cause of dry skin....

If you take statins then that can cause your skin to become dry b/c it reduces not only cholesterol but it also lowers ceramide levels, too. Ceramides are lipids. Statins make the skin porous by reducing the amount of ceramide molecules in the skin which act like mortar between the cells to prevent moisture loss. In other words statins cause holes to form in the outermost lipid barrier of the skin which can lead to more moisture lost from the skin.

@SilleeMee 

I have been taking Lipitor for over 10 years and never had this problem before.

I wonder if it is cumulative over the years?

@RespectLife 

I'm not sure but it most likely doesn't happen to everyone on statins and it could be to a certain degree and not severe enough to need attention. I was on statins for a short time and I didn't notice any increased dryness either. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @SilleeMee   !!

Honored Contributor

Thanks @JeanLouiseFinch but I just broke open a new bottle of this one this week.  I still use the Missha essence too but use it between skincare layers.  Wait!  I was going to buy a new one next time. I'm almost finished with a deluxe size sample of Kiehl's Milk Peel Toner and liked it enough to order a full size.  Funny, the sample came from Sephora but they don't carry the product except in a combo of other Kiehl's products.  Found a 25% off code which took $9 off the price and Shop Runner popped up (it does from time to time) and I got two day free shipping.  I should be good on toner/essence products for a long time.

Milk-Peel Gentle Exfoliating Toner

Milk-Peel Gentle Exfoliating Toner

Aqua/Water, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil / Safflower Seed Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, PEG-40 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Coceth Sulfate, Capryloyl, Salicylic Acid, Tromethamine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Nobilis Peel Oil / Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, Adenosine, Limonene, Caprylyl Glycol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Cupressus Sempervirens Leaf/Nut/Stem Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract / Sweet Almond Seed Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Silybum Marianum Extract, Tocopherol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Lactic Acid