Honored Contributor

Symbol on Beauty Products' Packaging

[ Edited ]

Am I the only one that did not know about this?  On the back (or bottom) label of most beauty products is a tiny opened jar indicating how many months the product is good for once opened.  

This image is from Virgin Radio London Canada:

IMG_1646.JPG

Respected Contributor

Re: Symbol on Beauty Products' Packaging

Well I'll be darned!  A couple of mine had it, a couple didn't - but very helpful info!  Thanks!  Now we just need to put a sticker on it to tell us when we opened it so we know when to dump it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Sharpie in my bathroom and date my bottles when I open them. Next  to that date I write a  6, 12, 24, etc... and circle it to indicate how many months to toss date.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have a Sharpie in my bathroom and date my bottles when I open them. Next  to that date I write a  6, 12, 24, etc... and circle it to indicate how many months to toss date.

Powder Foundation? TIA
Esteemed Contributor

oh ,god...............I am a horder .............     Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Powder Foundation? TIA

@Sweet_Serenity,

Most "powder" forms of makeup, shadows and foundations, are good for up to four years IF there is no shiney build-up on their surface and IF you wash your application tools regularly but who does that really...? That four-year date imo is so theoretical and not reality. Most infomation I've read states two years to toss dates. Mine never last that long...LOL!Woman LOL