Honored Contributor

Re: Sweating Drops Progress Report

@decaf 

Gotta run, my groceries are ready for pickup but I just wanted to say, YOU MAY BE/ARE PROBABLY RIGHT about why I may have sweated in Ulta...anxiety!  I have never understood why when I go into either one of those stores, I ultimately have to leave due to sweating.  Walked around in 93 degree sunshine at car lots that same day.  No sweating.  Go into Ulta and pour sweat Smiley Sad  Now, how about telling me WHY I'm so anxious in those two stores.  Oh and the reason I left empty handed is mostly because I had everything I saw that I wanted and the 3 things I asked about, they didn't carry.  This is why Sephora is my preferred higher end beauty store.  I've learned to appreciate and prefer on-line shopping now anyway Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Yes @decaf my doctors usually rush me, so sad.  Half the things go unsaid.  I use the notes app on my iphone to jot down what i want to remember for my appointments, but my gp usually yells at me to put the phone away, and when i try to tell him why I am using it, he shushes me so he can focus on his computer screen where he has to enter data...ugh...

anyway, my face definitely sweats, it's a head thing.  I think I wrote about how my make-up is wiped out.  I know there is waterproof, but I don't know that that would look better on me than nothing, a wet face with make-up!  I am no Beyonce!

I sweat elsewhere too, but I don't know that it is "excessive," which is the medical issue.  And there is good antiperspirant for other body parts.  In the hot, humid days, I use sweatblock pads from Amazon.  They are pretty good.

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Yes @decaf my doctors usually rush me, so sad.  Half the things go unsaid.  I use the notes app on my iphone to jot down what i want to remember for my appointments, but my gp usually yells at me to put the phone away, and when i try to tell him why I am using it, he shushes me so he can focus on his computer screen where he has to enter data...ugh...

anyway, my face definitely sweats, it's a head thing.  I think I wrote about how my make-up is wiped out.  I know there is waterproof, but I don't know that that would look better on me than nothing, a wet face with make-up!  I am no Beyonce!

I sweat elsewhere too, but I don't know that it is "excessive," which is the medical issue.  And there is good antiperspirant for other body parts.  In the hot, humid days, I use sweatblock pads from Amazon.  They are pretty good.

@NYCLatinaMe  You too? At least I know I'm not the only one rushed by these doctors. It's no wonder they make mistakes. 

The derm said she would do the shots in the hairline. When the sweating is stopped in one area, it moves to another area I read. I'm afraid she's going to say that my upper face would have required more injections (more vials) and because I didn't mention that, it wasn't approved and wasn't mailed to her.  I really hope I'm wrong.

Luckily I've never had really excessive sweating elsewhere, it's my head that's the embarrassing problem.  And as you know, it's the area you just can't hide.

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  A few years back I bought waterproof concealer.  I forget the name, they stopped making it.  It was completely waterproof and it did not budge even with a drippy face.  That's quite different than an entire face of foundation but so you know, it was really sweatproof.  You could always try a waterproof foundation and return it if it doesn't work for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@decaf please don't be discouraged.  The fact that you haven't been approved yet doesn't preclude you from getting treatment there as well.  Just explain the situation and request the treatment.

I have read what you wrote about too, that the sweating just goes somewhere else.  So I would like to treat scalp and face, and let the sweat go elsewhere if it does.  It does now.  The sweat drips from my head to the rest of my body...

Esteemed Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe  A few years back I bought waterproof concealer.  I forget the name, they stopped making it.  It was completely waterproof and it did not budge even with a drippy face.  That's quite different than an entire face of foundation but so you know, it was really sweatproof.  You could always try a waterproof foundation and return it if it doesn't work for you.

Thanks, @decaf for the suggestion.  If they don't make it, it may be for a reason.  Not so worried about the makeup as I am about the sweating.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe  They cancelled the entire brand. It was an HSN brand and I'm sure you know how cosmetics companies come and go on these shopping channels. 

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

Can you find a new doctor?  I can't believe he's yelling at you and that you're not allowed to take notes Smiley Surprised  I'd walk out of there so fast his head would spin.  I waited two hours in the exam room for a neuro.  My daughter had to drive me because I couldn't see.  I finally told her we were leaving.  They made me pre-pay ($200).  I walked to the office and told them my time was just as valuable as his.  I'm leaving and give me my check back.  Found a new neuro.  Sorry you were treated so poorly Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm "yell" was a little bit of an overstatement. I think he thought I was texting or emailing. I  was looking for my notes, not taking notes.  I just kept looking. Since he was waiting for an answer, he assumed I was distracted instead of looking for the answer in my notes.  He has his good points.  He is a good doctor.  I have been seeing him for years.  Now waiting 2 hours  is ridiculous.

I hope you are doing OK.

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  My appointment for shots is Oct. 7 so I'll be sure to report here as soon as I can tell if it's working or not.  I was going to say something on the Olaplex thread but then decided not to. Woman Happy