Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sweating Drops Progress Report

Humidity also does it for me.  We have had a few nice days, and I have been OK except when i exert myself in any way, like, changing my clothes to go outside, walking to the store or public transportation (I don't drive), cleaning, collecting recyclables.  My hair gets wet and starts dripping, pretty soon my hair is completely wet.  I cut my hair at the beginning of the summer to get a fresh look when  I let it go grey, so it just touches my shoulders.  I think the pony tails were bad for it, even though I was using satin scrunchies.  Now my hair gets caught in my neck fans (M68384)!!!!!

Set of 2 Hands Free Portable Neck Fans with LEDLights - M68384

They are decent by the way (better than other portable options I have tried), but look ridiculous, so I just use them at home.

The hair bands don't look good on me (the ones that stretch underneath the hair are bad, the ones that just slip on on top are OK), so I think I am going to shop for hair pins or barrettes.  Are they too young a look for a 59 year old?

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

They are NOT too young for a 59 year old Smiley Happy  I have one of those fans.  My daughter got it for me a couple of years ago.  I had just recharged it when I remembered the sweating drops.  The fan really works nice!  BTW, is this 62 year old too old for this?  Granted I don't wear it out of the house Smiley Wink  I got one for my granddaughter at the same time.  I feel pampered in my fluffy polka dot headband Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@lil spot Thanks for sharing. ❤️❤️❤️  Another poster mentioned glycopyrrolate but she couldn't tolerate the side effects.  Your sharing your experience gives those of us suffering something else to check out.  Were you sweating from the head, or all over?

@NYCLatinaMe  You're welcome. I'm glad to share as I know how horrible this was to deal with.

I was sweating from the head and neck...a lot! Woman Frustrated

By the way, my insurance covers this medicine.

@lil spot  As I 've told others here I sweat terribly from my head.  I haven't ordered the drops yet because I don't want them to interfere with a small out patient procedure I'm having soon. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get it covered by insurance.  Did you have to go through your primary doctor for that?

Super Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@lil spot wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@lil spot Thanks for sharing. ❤️❤️❤️  Another poster mentioned glycopyrrolate but she couldn't tolerate the side effects.  Your sharing your experience gives those of us suffering something else to check out.  Were you sweating from the head, or all over?

@NYCLatinaMe  You're welcome. I'm glad to share as I know how horrible this was to deal with.

@lil spot  As I 've told others here I sweat terribly from my head.  I haven't ordered the drops yet because I don't want them to interfere with a small out patient procedure I'm having soon. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get it covered by insurance.  Did you have to go through your primary doctor for that?

@decaf  My insurance just never questioned it. I first went to a dermatologist and he diagnosed me with hyperhidrosis. He prescribed me the glycopyrrolate. It went right through on my insurance. I have BC/BS. My primary doctor now prescribes it for me as I no longer see a dermatologist.

Trusted Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@lil spot wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@decaf  My insurance just never questioned it. I first went to a dermatologist and he diagnosed me with hyperhidrosis. He prescribed me the glycopyrrolate. It went right through on my insurance. I have BC/BS. My primary doctor now prescribes it for me as I no longer see a dermatologist.

@lil spot  I'm sorry, I totally misunderstood your post.  It sounded like insurance was paying for the sweating drops. Duh!  Now I see you meant the glycopyrrolate.  

Esteemed Contributor

I received my drops Thursday 8/5, only saw the package at night after I posted, just before going to bed, when I took out the garbage, which of course made my head sweaty.  Took a dose that night and I felt a tickle in my throat and my nose became a little drippy.  I have a lot of allergies and became nervous it was an allergic reaction, but I slept OK.  Woke up with a drippy nose Friday (not bad enough for medication), and had a bad day for unrelated reasons.  Felt better late afternoon and took only one dose yesterday.  Took a dose this morning first thing, plannning for a second this afternoon and regular use.  I haven't experienced an allergic reaction since, so so far so good.  Too early to assess results re effectiveness.

Did order a bunch of hair stuff from Amazon.  Love your headband @Monican!!!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I hope you're able to continue with the drops with no side effects.  

And thanks (re: headband) Smiley Happy  My husband loves it when I wear it lol

Honored Contributor

I've been outside (93 in the shade) keeping my husband company as he BBQs ribs for dinner.  Just a little damp on my face.  Normally I couldn't even think about being out there with him Smiley Happy  He's taking them now.  He hasn't turned the air down like he normally would and sweating less while outside cooking.  This will be GREAT for him when he's working.

Honored Contributor

As I mentioned yesterday, we went into the city and were in and out of 3 Sherwin Williams paint stores, one WM, Tractor Supply, Red Lobster and my parent's house.  Out of habit I took some paper towels with me.  It was 95 degrees.  Not once did I use the paper towels.  I kept having to turn the AC temp UP and the fan DOWN in the car.  My hair never fell.  I never felt uncomfortable.  The only time yesterday I got a little "heated" was when I was putting on my makeup.  It took me THREE hours to get ready to leave the house.  Dexterity and cognitive were not working too well.  Got a little heated but  cool down was quick.  

Is anyone else having success yet?

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry @monicakm to have no report yet.  It is superhot so I sweat if I move, which would be expected.  I forgot this morning and only took one dose.  What do you consider a full dose, the dropper full to the top, or what the dropper takes from a full squeeze (about half way)?  I am doing the latter.

I understand about needing 3 hours to get ready.  I do take a lot of time.  This is so different from how I used to be.  

My hair things came in.  Cute!  But I haven't been out.  This week is supposed to be brutal heat.