Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne is coming to QVC - Suzanne Somers - A New Way to Age

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

On Evine she was allowed several shows throughout the day and sometimes into the next day.  On the Q, she'll be lucky if she gets an hour and then has to fly home.  Hubby won't be bringing her coffee on the set, she won't have a choice of host, maybe she'll be on the beauty channel instead.  She won't like her new options - trust me.  Her husband runs a hard bargain, but he won't like how the Q treats him or her.  She won't be treated as special as she was on HSN or Evine. 

LOL

I've have to agree.  I also don't think she will be able to bring in her own "lighting".  I've heard she makes a lot of demands as far as host and lighting--QVC won't indulge her.  She probably begged to come to the Q.

I don't think she will last long.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal ~ with all the products she'll be pushing and selling, I think Suzanne and Alan might just suck it up for the time being and see how "things" go at the Q.  Too much at stake to be treated like it's old home week.

@AKgirl2 - Well, yeah, they have nowhere to go after this.  But I think he blew Evine and HSN for Suzanne.  He's a tough negotiator - she's made millions selling books, not sure why they don't just go enjoy life while they can. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl

I'm very sorry to hear this. Her products were way too expensive at Evine and QVC only knows how to inflate prices. And shipping.

I tried & liked her hair products (and I rarely like hair products of any kind)  but they were too expensive so I did not consider using them regularly. 

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I actually am shocked.  I remember posting that I didn't think QVC would "want her".  I like Suzanne, and I used to watch her all of the time on HSN.  I rarely watched her on Evine as I didn't care much for her line.  It was expensive.

Early on..on HSN...she had some really cute pieces.  I still own a few of them.  The prices were super high at first, but they became very inexpensive with HSN's rock-bottom sales.  I probably won't buy much from her on QVC as the prices will more than likely be more than I'm willing to pay.

I will watch her though.  

Suzanne is a bit "out there" with her philosophies, etc.--that's why I'm a bit surprised QVC is adding her in.  

I wonder who she will be paired with---Shawn??

I actually like her too, and I love her Toner-best I have ever tried!!!!I would defintiely try some of her supplements too. I could see them pairing her with Sandra Bennett, or maybe Sharon Faetsch or maybe even Leah....I don't see her with Shawn though, but who knows? I do think her line is rather pricey, and I am sure she won't be able to demand all of her special lighting, etc......It should be interesting! 

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I actually am shocked.  I remember posting that I didn't think QVC would "want her".  I like Suzanne, and I used to watch her all of the time on HSN.  I rarely watched her on Evine as I didn't care much for her line.  It was expensive.

Early on..on HSN...she had some really cute pieces.  I still own a few of them.  The prices were super high at first, but they became very inexpensive with HSN's rock-bottom sales.  I probably won't buy much from her on QVC as the prices will more than likely be more than I'm willing to pay.

I will watch her though.  

Suzanne is a bit "out there" with her philosophies, etc.--that's why I'm a bit surprised QVC is adding her in.  

I wonder who she will be paired with---Shawn??

@winamac1

I think she'll go for someone older; probably Mary Beth or Carolyn....

The fact that the Q once had the Kardashians tells me they have no limits.

Respected Contributor

I used to like her alot, however , IMHO she has passed to the dark side with too many bio-identical hormones. The pillow face is the give away. When you are woman of a certain age, well, you're just not fooling anyone when you just appear too "juicy".

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

I always thought HSN let her go over her books on hormones and other medical advice. Both HSN and QVC have been in trouble with FCC over saying products treat conditions unless they can prove their claims through clinical studies.

I wonder what products she will actually bring. I think clothes did not go well at Evine because they do not have the buying power to get a good price. Most of the fashion jewelry lines seem to have disappeared from the channels. She will have a lot of competition in skin care.

Trusted Contributor

I thought her shows with Colleen way back in the day, were wonderful.  Sorta like Q's Kirk's Folly's .  I'd buy Somersweet and her jams and small appliances by the crate if only Q would offer them at reasonable prices! Ha!

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal ~ with all the products she'll be pushing and selling, I think Suzanne and Alan might just suck it up for the time being and see how "things" go at the Q.  Too much at stake to be treated like it's old home week.

@AKgirl2 - Well, yeah, they have nowhere to go after this.  But I think he blew Evine and HSN for Suzanne.  He's a tough negotiator - she's made millions selling books, not sure why they don't just go enjoy life while they can. 

@hoosieroriginal ~ Because for some reason, it's ($$) just never enough.  I'm sure they get to enjoy life and a first class one at that.

Who knows, they might just have to work.  Investments don't always pan out.  I agree with you wholeheartedly, time to enjoy life

especially given their ages, although they seem to be in good health.

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal ~ Because for some reason, it's ($$) just never enough.  I'm sure they get to enjoy life and a first class one at that.

Who knows, they might just have to work.  Investments don't always pan out.  I agree with you wholeheartedly, time to enjoy life

especially given their ages, although they seem to be in good health.

I read her net worth is over 100 million!!!!! But they may be the type of people who need to work for something to do besides travel.......She may just enjoy working. I work with a lady who is close to 70, doesn't need to still work, but she loves it!!!!