Valued Contributor

Re: Suzanne is coming to QVC - Suzanne Somers - A New Way to Age

UGH!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought HSN booted her due to how cruddy the quality became late during her tenure at HSN.

Early on, the prices were high, but the quality was actually good.  I still own a few of her pieces, and they are nice.   Towards the end of her time at HSN, the prices were so high, the quality was not there, and she became super outspoken about the hormone talk, etc.  HSN is fairly strict too.  QVC seems even stricter.

I don't think she's a quack at all.  She just has taken her holistic approach to an entirely different level.  I heard she takes like 80 supplements a day.  That is absurd and imo...too much.

I think much of what she says is very informed and imo...she does have a good message.

I used to like her shows with Colleen.  I loved her pj's, and she had some really cute shoes.  I also own one of her faux fur jackets which was very well made and I still wear it!   

I usually bought when her items went on deep discount sales.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I tried her Organics skin care line and used it up. It was nothing special.!!  I did order her serum as that had good reviews, but havent used it much .  So many skin care lines to choose from  these days.  

Therein lies the "problem".  There are just so many good skincare lines to choose from.   Organics don't have the shelf life that other products do.  That's not a postiive for me.

I will stick to PTR and Olay Regenerist/Cerave.

Honored Contributor

@Donovan wrote:

Back in the day my friend and I would love to watch Colleen and Suzanne on HSN.  Then she only had her costume jewelry and her pajamas.  Both were excellent quality at the beginning.

But then she started branching out into other items (actual clothing, water etc) and the quality went way way way down on her pjs and jewelry.

I haven't watched her since she left HSN, so I don't even know what she sells anymore - sounds like skincare and vitamins??

I still own a pair of her cute pjs and a few of her jewelry items.  I bought a heart from her, and it's still nice.  Her sandals were really cute too.  

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 I never said you said anything negative about her that would be considered bashing. I simply said I don't like the argument that some people try to say is the reason some of us stand up against bashing, which is because we just love that person. In my experience that type of response is simply used to undermine the fact that the personal attacks on someone is unnecessary, mean, and, frankly, immature. 

But we will have to agree to disagree, which is fine. 

@HappyDaze - I see there is another thread where this poster and several others are bashing Suzanne and now they are running back & forth from that thread to this one to do their best to bash her on this thread too. 

I do think the intent is to intimidate shoppers and derail threads like this one that was intended to discuss the products. Rude and self serving. Some hateful stuff posted on the other thread. Pathetic. Now I have a better understanding of her intent. Not going to impact me or my decisions. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 I never said you said anything negative about her that would be considered bashing. I simply said I don't like the argument that some people try to say is the reason some of us stand up against bashing, which is because we just love that person. In my experience that type of response is simply used to undermine the fact that the personal attacks on someone is unnecessary, mean, and, frankly, immature. 

But we will have to agree to disagree, which is fine. 

@HappyDaze - I see there is another thread where this poster and several others are bashing Suzanne and now they are running back & forth from that thread to this one to do their best to bash her on this thread too. 

I do think the intent is to intimidate shoppers and derail threads like this one that was intended to discuss the products. Rude and self serving. Some hateful stuff posted on the other thread. Pathetic. Now I have a better understanding of her intent. Not going to impact me or my decisions. 

@Chi-town girl, would you be so kind as to post exactly what I said on another thread so that all can determine for themselves whether I bashed anyone? Thank you.

ETA: Oh, never mind. I found it. :-)

"She will be welcomed by those who have bought and liked her products and by those who buy into her medical expertise and anti-establishment schtick."

I don't watch too much QVC, and I will definitely not linger for a nanosecond when she appears. I have rarely been so turned off by a salesperson."

Not quite the bash you seemed to imply. Nothing other than an opinion devoid of personal insults or rude criticism.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I could not agree more with you she is totally overrated, I wonder why?🌻

Regular Contributor

Wow... from the comments to this post, you'd think the Devil was coming to QVC..

I like her skin care products and makeup. I order from her website, especially when she has coupons and sales. My skin does very well with her products and her makep is very flattering to my skin tone. I will check out what kind of specials QVC offers for her products versus those on her website.

To each his own....but seriously...this forum is dripping with poison...Geez....

Trusted Contributor

I wonder if she will include her extensive facial plastic surgery.  Siorry, but she doesn't even look like the same person!

Honored Contributor

Sorry--but I like her too. Her products are very good and she is very knowledgable about them. She looks fabulous and WHO CARES if she had work done!!!!! So not important. Her cancer journey is very interesting and I appreciate what she went thru. If I had a boatload of cash, I'd be nipping and tucking too.