Super Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers on Evine...aaagh!

On 3/10/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Hi, Crisso, and thanks for the support.

Are you not able to read those two posts of hers that I c/p'd? I know they came out odd with lines and stuff, but I can read them.

I posted them only because this poster was telling people to stop making any critical remarks, yet she herself apparently has no such compunction.

You did not deserve those awful comments. You are always so respectful of posters even if you have a different point of view.

I could read the posts but when I went to quote them to respond, all the "ignores" and "report as inappropriate'' showed up. So strange!

Respected Contributor

On 3/6/2015 Pook said:

I have researched many of these things long before I ever read any of SS's books. She has done extensive research and has interviewed some of the top doctors worldwide. She doesn't just make this stuff up. Everyone is just content with believing what they are being fed by the majority of medical profession who also just rely on what they were taught. The alternative methods for curing diseases - even cancer - are often widely used worldwide in other countries. Some are so quick to just want to pop toxic pills and don't research them or even read all the harmful side effects. The sad thing is all the lawsuits due to these so called treatments that do more harm than good and cause even death. So many drugs are praised as so great and prescribed to many then all of a sudden are taken off the market when people suffer severe side effects and even death and many don't think a thing about it. But just let someone say there are natural safe alternative methods that actually work and writes about what she learned by interviewing many top doctors around the world and everyone gets bent out of shape at the thought that something natural can cure diseases!!

I suspect Ms. Somers will be sharing a cell with Kevin Trudeau if she keeps making false claims about cancer.

I am very familiar with her books and many of the "stories" she tells about the physician's cures have disconnected with her and want no further contact. Oh, and speaking of "natural" arsenic is "natural" so this call for "natural" products is really a moot point.

It is very sad that she preys on the most vulnerable of society.... people who are sick and do not have to ability to identify a charlatan snake oil saleswoman selling them dreams and hopes with absolutely no science behind them and a reliable tested and proven method of fighting disease.

Suzanne needs to stick to selling costume jewelry and clothing. Anything that will not harm the health of her viewers.

Speaking of alternative medicine.....my very close friend died from breast cancer because she went to Mexico for an alternative treatment. All that time she was getting sicker and sicker and I was told she may have fared a lot better if she had continued conventional treatment. She died shortly after this fiasco in Mexico...and she had spent her life savings doing it.

Trusted Contributor

Suzanne Somers knows a WHOLE bunch of NOTHING! She is a scary, cake face to me.

Respected Contributor

I only have one thing to say about Suzanne Somers.

She has NO medical credentials, education, or experience.

Since I do have those, I choose NOT to find her credible.

She can have an OPINION, but that's all. I think people should be VERY CAREFUL about believing what she says.

Do not just take HER WORD for important medical issues.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Esteemed Contributor

ITA ....I have a medical back ground as well and have lost 2 friends who sought alternative ""cures"" in Greece and Germany and wasted a lot of their hard earned money for useless treatments. I find her statements about cures for cancer through natural and holistic measures to be disingenuous and dangerous.
Esteemed Contributor

........but, but

but can she dance?

Respected Contributor

On 3/5/2015 RedHeadedWench said:
On 3/5/2015 makeupaddicted1 said:

I wish everybody would stop with the Suzanne Somers bashing. Many people love her products. She wouldn't still be on Evine if they didn't sell.

That doesn't make her products work, just because they sell.

Evine will keep her on, as long as they do sell. It's all about the money.

Dear Readheaded Wench,

I love that Dragon quote you have at the end of your message. (Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup. ) Where did you get it?