Regular Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers on Evine...aaagh!

I repeat, she is still alive. Conventional therapy alone, or supplemented with her extensive vitamin and compounded hormone regimen, she is still alive. So something worked.

Others are not, and have not, and will not, be so fortunate.

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2015 Madremia said:

they also always seem to use a camera filter when she's on, and they never get too close {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

She brings in her own lighting. There are filters.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 Me24 said:

Some of you women who commented negatively are clueless. Have ANY of you women actually DONE some research on toxins??? I've done plenty of research and what she says isn't B S.

I switched to an organic diet almost 6 years ago. Same goes with how I clean. As for hair color, I use a non-paraben color for my hair. I don't use anti-perspirant; I use an all natural deodorant that has ingredients you can pronounce (has zero chemicals in it). You are not supposed to stop sweating under your arms. THINK about what's under your arms. RESEARCH IT.

I don't get mammograms. All of that squashing of the breast tissue is damaging and invasive. I would always notice some bruising the next day. I was told that is 'normal'. Only had a mammogram twice in my life and then I stopped. I now get a procedure done that's not covered by insurance. Costs me out of pocket about $300. It's not an x-ray; it's called Thermography. No squashing of breasts. Nothing invasive. RESEARCH IT.

DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON STUFF YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT!!

And guess what? There are cures for cancer. There is a place out in California and down in Mexico that CURES cancer with all organic food. Yeah, it's a very strict regimine; including coffee entimas (yup, you heard right; they detox the body) and eating nothing but organic fruits and veggies and drinking all organic smoothies. No meat. No dairy. No fat. Nothing that the cancer can feed off of. And no, it's not something new. The German doctor who found this means of curing cancer did so back in the 1950's. Might have been sooner than that. He wound up opening a clinic in NY way back when. And his success rate for curing cancer was astonishing. RESEARCH IT.

People are brainwashed by big Pharmo and the many uneducated doctors that are out there. Start reading labels of what YOU are putting into your body.

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” `Hippocrates

One of my best friend's mothers had breast cancer, and she refused conventional therapies. She went an alternative route. She won't get mammograms either. She was told she had to take chemo, and she refused it. She followed something similar to what you are stating above. She's lived for over 40 years. Who knows if she would have lived following conventional therapy. That's always the big "if". No one knows. It's a tough call. Only one knows what is best for them. My sister has ovarian cancer and is following conventional therapy, and it's almost killing her.

I pray I'm never in that position to choose what to do.

I feel for all of those who are.

I do not believe everything Suzanne Somers says, but I don't think she's a quack.

Respected Contributor

On 3/5/2015 ellaphant said:
On 3/5/2015 makeupaddicted1 said:

I wish everybody would stop with the Suzanne Somers bashing. Many people love her products. She wouldn't still be on Evine if they didn't sell.

Have you ever heard her spout MEDICAL advice about breast cancer and other diseases?

She's a fraud! And she looks like a mess!

She's not a fraud and she DID have breast cancer. How do I know? Because I had it and they give you a list, so you don't feel badly, of people who were/are in the same boat. She was one of them among many celebs and non celebs. Her story was gut wrenching. How dare you bash someone that had to live such a nightmare! Shame on you!!

Contributor

I ordered the shampoo/conditioner set due to it being organic-- I color my hair and it's thinning so I use various "natural" shampoos. Love the Monoi line from Carols' Daughter and how good it's been for my hair, but don't like the fragrance-- it reminds me of lemon Pledge, which I cant stand!! I'll try the shampoo set and if I don't like it, back it goes. I also bought the Theorie shampoo/conditioner a month or so ago (EvineLive) and LOVE this -- it makes my hair incredibly soft and shiny and I LOVE the fragrance. I don't know if I will repurchase this though, because the formulation is made in France, but on the bottle it says made in China. I don't understand why the 2 different countries, but personally, I don't want to use products on my body that have been made in China. This is just my opinion on my own consumer use. What is interesting, is the review I wrote on this product on EvineLive, was declined stating that I violated their rules for reviewing -- the rule I broke was that I mentioned I would not be re-buying because the stuff was made in China!! So Evine obviously does not post all "good, bad and everything else" as they claim to.

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 SaggingGal said:

I repeat, she is still alive. Conventional therapy alone, or supplemented with her extensive vitamin and compounded hormone regimen, she is still alive. So something worked.

Others are not, and have not, and will not, be so fortunate.

ITA

I don't know how some know for a fact that she is a "fraud". If you don't believe in what she believes, that is your prerogative. I think she's a bit money hungry, but I don't necessarily think she's a fraud.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care what people believe about her beauty products; it is up to the individual what/he or she wishes to spend money on or what works; her stuff is no better no worse. And, if people eat organic food, that is personal choice. But, she is not a doctor and should not spew idiotic remarks about Cancer cures through "natural " means. Most people are intelligent enough to discard her idiotic and careless statements but, many times when people have Cancer, they grasp at straws and they may actually believe her....and throw away any chance they may have at survival. I can't fault anyone for choices of beauty products or eating habits. But, it is irresponsible to make medical claims. Well, for that matter, as many have pointed out, she bleaches her hair and uses Botox so what is natural about that; she also sells artificial sweetener....why not encourage people to sweeten their shakes with fruit??? Because, she is making money that's why.
Esteemed Contributor

yes, she is a survivor and so are many others due to good medical care. People are not bashing her because she had breast cancer but making false medical claims; she did consult a doctor, initially, so she wasn't cured by natural methods alone. I think that she is taking advantage of people diagnosed with cancer to make money.....and selling false hope
Trusted Contributor

On 3/5/2015 morganjen said:

Could have sworn she mentioned (last year) that she would be offering a clothing line sometime this year.

I don't mean to offend anyone who like her cloths but when she was HSN I always thought her clothing looked like ""hooker wear"".

Respected Contributor

I like her and most of her products. One thing for sure...she certainly is keeping people talking about her! I bet all celebrities want that!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran