Esteemed Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers on Evine...aaagh!

Again, there are no cures for Cancer....go to cancer centers like Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC where you see medical professionals who have dedicated their lives in search of a cure. I hope the best for any of you who believe that a natural remedy can cure cancer. So if you come down with some type of malignancy, call Suzanne Somers in her Malibu home; I am sure she will be there 24/7. Many natural remedies may help with symptom control and are used in traditional medicine, but there is no cure. I don't care if you eat organic or wear her makeup but these reckless statements about a natural cure are outrageous from her or anyone else. How do you explain people flocking to this Country seeking a cure? Oh yes, the press is in on the conspiracy too! Luckily, people are too intelligent to listen to such garbage. I am sure Suzanne Somer's net worth is greater than that of most people involved in cancer research desparately seeking a cure for this deadly disease.
Respected Contributor

On 3/7/2015 mochachino said:
On 3/6/2015 sugarflake said:

Suzanne Somers is a fraud. She would sell anything and try to convince you that she is an expert at it like we are all morons. She does not even look good for her age. She is so botoxed she cannot even move her mouth to speak. Someone said here that she would even sell her friends she is so money hungry. I believe she already did that.

she is the female version of Kevin Trudeau and where is he now? Going to jail?

The only difference is that she is selling cosmetics and contrary to what someone said about most of the posters are not gullible, I think the opposite. Most women buy trillions of dollars of cosmetics in the hopes that it will reverse the signs of aging. If they didn't it wouldn't be such a lucrative business.

I have grown over the years (wiser I hope) and realize that I can't stop anything in its tracks, I can only eat what I think are the healthier food options, exercise daily, keep my weight down, practice yoga, meditate, and take care of my body and my skin. I use minimal products and have clean, healthy skin, but definitely aging skin and all that it entails. Without medical intervention, it is as good as it can look, but I certainly don't fool myself into thinking I look 20 years younger. Only a scalpel and needles would be able to do that.

Suzanne rants about toxins and chemicals, yet colors her hair. She sells shampoos stating that commercial shampoos release toxins through your scalp into your brain, yet glosses over the fact that she uses chemical hair colorings. If she is that worried, maybe she should let her own hair turn gray and then she's have more credibility.

I agree and what about all the stuff she has in her face, what kind of chemicals are they? No one looks that puffy and tight using the face master or whatever she calls it.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Frequent Contributor

Having an auto-immune disease, I applaud someone who is trying to find healthier alternatives to medical treatments other than the standard of take a pill to treat your symptoms that never helps with your disease and many times, causes new problems. Most Doctors and Pharmaceutical companies are not in the business of curing us. They only make money when we stay sick and diseased and load up on drugs. Suzanne doesn't accept this as our fate and tries to help people see better alternatives. And yes, I do believe chemicals and toxins are killing people. It shows up as diseased organs or cancer, not in a toxicology report.
Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2015 Mimichic said: Having an auto-immune disease, I applaud someone who is trying to find healthier alternatives to medical treatments other than the standard of take a pill to treat your symptoms that never helps with your disease and many times, causes new problems. Most Doctors and Pharmaceutical companies are not in the business of curing us. They only make money when we stay sick and diseased and load up on drugs. Suzanne doesn't accept this as our fate and tries to help people see better alternatives. And yes, I do believe chemicals and toxins are killing people. It shows up as diseased organs or cancer, not in a toxicology report.

"Most doctors... are not in the business of curing us"? They want us to "stay sick and diseased..."

I know that this is a meme with some on the fringe, but it actually makes me "sick" to read it. It is so wrong on so many levels.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

That is really pathetic if someone really believes that doctors want people to stay sick....there are doctors who merge traditional and holistic approaches...Or medical doctors who study the human body and the effects of disease and practice alternative medicine...that would be a better choice than listening to Suzanne Somers and people like her peddling junk and false hope.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/7/2015 stray770 said: That is really pathetic if someone really believes that doctors want people to stay sick....there are doctors who merge traditional and holistic approaches...Or medical doctors who study the human body and the effects of disease and practice alternative medicine...that would be a better choice than listening to Suzanne Somers and people like her peddling junk and false hope.

No one is forcing anyone to watch, listen, look, believe, or buy. Peddling junk or false hope? That would be just about every beauty product and line that does the same. Junk? Look at all the gizmos sold for this or that. I have enjoyed capitalism in my lifetime and am very fortunate that I have the liberty to have choices and to try things if I desire.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

On 3/7/2015 stray770 said: That is really pathetic if someone really believes that doctors want people to stay sick....there are doctors who merge traditional and holistic approaches...Or medical doctors who study the human body and the effects of disease and practice alternative medicine...that would be a better choice than listening to Suzanne Somers and people like her peddling junk and false hope.

Regular Contributor

Well she is alive. She had cancer and she is still alive. So whatever she did, worked.

Cancer is hideous. Inside of a few months, quickly lost a relative to pancreatic cancer, watching a friend die of breast cancer that went to her bones, and a close friend is traveling the U.S. to find that magic bullet clinical trial that might save her life for lung and brain cancer.

Immunotherapy is now the buzzword for possible cure. Cancer researchers have admitted that their route to a cure was far too complex. They are in clinical trials for immunotherapy therapies. Who knows? Perhaps there will be a compound created from some natural ingredients that will be a component of a cure.

Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2015 SaggingGal said:

Well she is alive. She had cancer and she is still alive. So whatever she did, worked.

Cancer is hideous. Inside of a few months, quickly lost a relative to pancreatic cancer, watching a friend die of breast cancer that went to her bones, and a close friend is traveling the U.S. to find that magic bullet clinical trial that might save her life for lung and brain cancer.

Immunotherapy is now the buzzword for possible cure. Cancer researchers have admitted that their route to a cure was far too complex. They are in clinical trials for immunotherapy therapies. Who knows? Perhaps there will be a compound created from some natural ingredients that will be a component of a cure.

She had a conventional lumpectomy followed by radiation. Yet she still implies that she had some kind of "natural" cure.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Well I would rather listen and or look at Suzanne Somers than have to listen/look at Gwyneth Paltrow any day...