Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers is no longer going to be on Evine Live.

That is too bad, I have always liked Suzanne, especially when she was on HSN with Colleen, they were so good together....I wonder what happened in both instances......Well Suzanne is mega rich and she can relax now, and write her books and enjoy her granchildren!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Not sure if this is the case here, but her husband is a tough business man. I think if he doesn't get what he thinks she is worth, he takes "his ball and leaves the game". She's been on multiple shopping channels. And she left Three's Company due to him. 

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Not sure if this is the case here, but her husband is a tough business man. I think if he doesn't get what he thinks she is worth, he takes "his ball and leaves the game". She's been on multiple shopping channels. And she left Three's Company due to him. 

@scatcat - I think you could very well be right - he is a tough negotiator - I know she's been wanting to get her daughter-in-law's clothing line on Evine and it has never happened - that could have been a dealbreaker.  She listens to him - it has made her a multi-millionaire so why not?  Months ago someone posted that Evine is expanding to California and back east (? - I think that's what the post said) so they could be reorganizing and getting rid of lines that just don't work anymore.

Respected Contributor

If she put out a line of watches, Evine might have kept her - ha!

Esteemed Contributor

@scatcat, There may be something to the Al effect on contract negotiations with Evine.  However, if the line was turning a huge profit for Evine they may have succumbed to any demands.  That said, given Evine does seem to be adding beauty brands with frequency these days, they don't have to kowtow to Suzanne anymore to help fill up  their beauty programming hours. 

Of course anything is possible, but I think Isomers and Skinn customers can rest comfortably that those brands wil be Evine mainstays for a long time to come.  Those two seem to be the cornerstone of Evine beauty similar to how Adrienne is on HSN. She sticks around regardless of what hot newbies come along.  

I know it's all about business and bottom line sales numbers.  Evidently Elizabeth Grant produces enough sales and profit to warrant continuing.  I am disappointed that Borghese seems to be gone as I'll have to start paying $48 for Advanced Spa Lift for Eyes againWoman Sad.  

Honored Contributor

There's always Shop LC formerly Liquidation Channel. They are bringing in more lifestyle products.  I saw a skincare line being presented a few weeks ago as I passed on by.

Honored Contributor

It seems that Evine has dropped Borghese, Pur Minerals and Senna Cosmetics, there was another one too and now its gone, I can't remember....I am surprised at Borghese and Pur, as they had great prices, and seemed to sell out all the time...... 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

It seems that Evine has dropped Borghese, Pur Minerals and Senna Cosmetics, there was another one too and now its gone, I can't remember....I am surprised at Borghese and Pur, as they had great prices, and seemed to sell out all the time...... 

I found that some of the Borghese specials were the same as you could get in the department store.  Right after Christmas, I went into L&T in NYC and bought some Borghese kits.  2 of the kits were available on Evine and they were the same price plus when I bought at L&T, I got a really nice free gift. 

I got the feeling maybe those kits were put together as specials by Borghese and not exlusively put together for Evine. 

Honored Contributor

I always thought her best "FIT" was HSN.... on Evine it just seemed very low budget and low class.  Wonder where she will go next? She is doing so much with her speaking tours, and books,  perhaps she wants to have more time at home and not feel pressured to do the TV  sales.  Makes sense. With her online site and her followers, she will still be selling plenty of product.  

Wish her only the best.  She has had a good career and now seems to really enjoy helping women be the best they can and to improve their health.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

She is gone from HSN and Evine.  I doubt QVC would ever bring her over.

She's a multimillionaire many times over.  I just know she's worked all of her life so she probably would get bored not working in some capacity.

I didn't think her line did too well at Evine, and the prices were high.

I loved her early on when she was at HSN and bought quite a few of her items when the quality wasn't bad.  Her shows with Colleen were fun.  It's a shame that all fell apart.

@winamac1   ITA!  Colleen and Suzanne were so good together.. but times have changed and life goes on.