Frequent Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers is no longer going to be on Evine Live.

I bet that Suzanne is not going to lose much sleep over not being on Evine any longer. She and her husband brought a hotel in Los Vegas and she performs there now. She is such a work warrior and you have to pat her on the back for that. I wish her the very best in her future endeavors.

Honored Contributor

@Angeleyes55 wrote:

I bet that Suzanne is not going to lose much sleep over not being on Evine any longer. She and her husband brought a hotel in Los Vegas and she performs there now. She is such a work warrior and you have to pat her on the back for that. I wish her the very best in her future endeavors.

I would agree.  I don't think Minneapolis is where she'd like to travel to either. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

And by the same token no one within evine is wringing their hands either. They have plenty of vendors, more succesful ones, that they probably couldn't afford to lose.

I know there are those who think she's wonderful but there are even more that think she's a potentially dangerous snakeoil saleswoman....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Angeleyes55 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what does she perform? All I've ever heard of her was she was on threes company. I didn't know she did anything else besides act and write scary books.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Angeleyes55 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what does she perform? All I've ever heard of her was she was on threes company. I didn't know she did anything else besides act and write scary books.

@HappyDaze  She's a singer.  I'm not sure, but she might dance a little too.  I don't know why her books are scarey.  In all honestly, I haven't read any of them, but I did hear her on an interview with Dr. Perlmutter and she seemed very informed.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch Oh I had no idea she sang. Interesting. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@Angeleyes55 wrote:

I would agree.  I don't think Minneapolis is where she'd like to travel to either. 

Lol, so true!

What happened with the press announcement by evine last year about setting up a west coast studio? I'm sure Dimitri is worn out having to be in Minneapolis every month

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Angeleyes55 wrote:

@Angeleyes55 - I agree. And for sure Evine will lose business. Who is buying Elizabeth Grant? No one under 70 I suspect.

And Sirot seems to be in trouble.  I caught one of the shows last month, the host made a comment to the vendor about the difficulties of creating a repeat customer base. Anyone still shopping that line?

Oh and there is Consulte, overpriced, trying to capture the realty show customer base. Haven't read much about effective must have products. I think evine is not doing well in beauty except for Iomers, Beekman and Skinn. The rest are rather insignificant revolving door vendors

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

A few things:

* I found SS years ago with her first sunscreen; it was the BEST by far and couldn't believe it when she stopped making it. I have yet to find one that works as well as hers did.

* Her Sommersweet and foods were fantastic for those of us who wanted clean foods that didn't muck with our blood sugar levels or wanted some bizarre artificial sweetener. I don't know what happened but I have not found ANY brand that comes to the quality or flavor that her foods offered. I have her cookbooks and EVERY. SINGLE. DISH. is fantastic. The woman knows how to cook, that's for sure PLUS they are WW/Atkins/South Beach friendly. High protein, no grains, low glycemic. Love them.

* I'm thrilled she left EVINE. My hatred for that channel/company knows no bounds. I'll just leave it at that.

* Her makeup, skincare and haircare line are not only toxic free, they don't test on animals AND they work. Enough said.

I wish her all the best. She's a survivior and a hard worker; more power to her.

Esteemed Contributor

Too bad, I always liked listening to her on both Evine and HSN.  I didn't care at all if her husband wandered in.  At least it's a Hollywood marriage that has lasted.  I liked hearing about her son and his family too.

When she was on HSN, I used to get her clothes are the time.  She had some cute things back then.  I did like some of her organic products too, especially the lipsticks.  

Wishing her the best.  She doesn't look like the kind that would be happy retired and needs to be busy.