Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers is no longer going to be on Evine Live.

She's been a multi-millionaire for decades so that isn't news to me.

But it hasn't been till the last 6 or 7 years that this line has taken off and I can't imagine what I would use if I didn't have the choice.

I've used organic products before and they just didn't hit the mark for me, and I realize everybody is different, but the entire line is spot on for almost everything I use or need.

Repeating myself here, but I'm not looking for anti aging products, I'm looking for good beauty products.  I've finally found them.

Contributor

I had an absolute fit when I got the news from evine. Evine is a dumping ground for people who didn't make it elsewhere like hsn's Todd for cooking, qvc's Mark Bouwer's clothes that are awful now on Evine, reality show people...Suzanne was the exception. I still have her clothes, appliances, accessories, jewelry et al from hsn. It was so very much fun. Her bks are highly regarded such as ToxSick. First rate. Evine refused to do her clothes when their lines, if you can find anything besides watches, are beyond tacky. Suzanne's products are NOT replaceable. There is nothing at Whole Foods, Natural Grocers etc that come close. These tv stations are hawking chemicalized, toxic products not pure, certified organic items. Somers is on the cutting edge for knowledgeable consumers. I loved her bantering during her shows. How can she replace tv time w/i any kind of marketing? Not having a tv channel's flex pay will be a major financial burden. Bye to Evine from me! Hated shopping with them and only did for Somer's products. It's about time women wake up to what is in their personal care products. Check out ewg.org for eg. I wouldn't touch any of their other tv lines w/i a ten ft pole. Always professional, I could tell the last time she was on Evine that something wasn't right. Suzanne is a trail blazer. Did Joan Rivers stop working at her age? Not. Why should Suzanne when she has an important cause?

Honored Contributor

@donna71 wrote:

I think she is a terrible salesperson. She just rambled on about anything except the products and her husband would wander in...you could not get clear information about the product.

and the products were really expensive. I can do much better with organic makeup and skin care at Whole Foods. There are a lot of choices out there

I think they will get rid of Elizabeth Grant, that line is so retro.

I don't think they would ever get rid of Skinn and Isomers, those are cutting edge lines that have massive fan base.

Early on--on HSN, she was an excellent salesperson.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

She has managed to translate her semi-celebrity C list status into quite a nice money making operation for years.  HOwever her time is long past and I am quite sure she is not attracting younger viewers to her products as they have no,idea who she is.  MAybe time to retire and live off the millions I am sure she has accumulated.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed her when she was on HSN with Coleen but her presentations are not the same on Evine. She looks like she doesn't want to be there...and apparently she doesn't.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I always thought her best "FIT" was HSN.... on Evine it just seemed very low budget and low class.  Wonder where she will go next? She is doing so much with her speaking tours, and books,  perhaps she wants to have more time at home and not feel pressured to do the TV  sales.  Makes sense. With her online site and her followers, she will still be selling plenty of product.  

Wish her only the best.  She has had a good career and now seems to really enjoy helping women be the best they can and to improve their health.  

I, too, thought her "fit" was best on HSN.  I rarely watched her on EVINE and they kept pairing her with different hosts to see who was the best fit for her.  It did seem "low budge", and I thought her prices were exhorbitant.

Colleen was the best pairing with her, but something went awry with that.  I have posted this before several times in the past 5 or 7 years, but I think Colleen got tired of having to do every show with Suzanne, and she started pushing back.  There was probably more to it than that as Colleen seems like a professional.

Suzanne was "vocal" about being disappointed with Colleen's schedule change, and I remembered a few comments when she had different hosts on with her.  She mainly wanted to be on with Colleen and Lynn was her choice during the day shows.

Lynn Murphy was well paired with Suzanne as well.  Shannon wasn't.

Her quality went down the last 2 or 3 years that Suzanne was at HSN, and the prices kept going up.  

I do think Alan is a tough negotiatior but I also think Suzanne is as well.  Suzanne isn't going to do anything she doesn't want to do.  I think she's a wise businesswoman.

I doubt we have seen the last of Suzanne Somers.  She's going to keep ticking with some new project.

Honored Contributor

@KittenShopper wrote:

I had an absolute fit when I got the news from evine. Evine is a dumping ground for people who didn't make it elsewhere like hsn's Todd for cooking, qvc's Mark Bouwer's clothes that are awful now on Evine, reality show people...Suzanne was the exception. I still have her clothes, appliances, accessories, jewelry et al from hsn. It was so very much fun. Her bks are highly regarded such as ToxSick. First rate. Evine refused to do her clothes when their lines, if you can find anything besides watches, are beyond tacky. Suzanne's products are NOT replaceable. There is nothing at Whole Foods, Natural Grocers etc that come close. These tv stations are hawking chemicalized, toxic products not pure, certified organic items. Somers is on the cutting edge for knowledgeable consumers. I loved her bantering during her shows. How can she replace tv time w/i any kind of marketing? Not having a tv channel's flex pay will be a major financial burden. Bye to Evine from me! Hated shopping with them and only did for Somer's products. It's about time women wake up to what is in their personal care products. Check out ewg.org for eg. I wouldn't touch any of their other tv lines w/i a ten ft pole. Always professional, I could tell the last time she was on Evine that something wasn't right. Suzanne is a trail blazer. Did Joan Rivers stop working at her age? Not. Why should Suzanne when she has an important cause?

Marc Bouwer has had 2 or 3 super pretty pieces, but yes..most are dreadful.

Valued Contributor

Grandma Borghese is the Grande Dame of the Perlier line..

Honored Contributor

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/suzanne-somers-net-worth/

Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer wrote:

She never stays very long at any shopping channel. I've heard that she is very demanding and will only work with certain hosts. No surprise that she is gone from another one.

I remember trying to watch her twice on Evine and she never really seemed friendly to the host.  It was kind of hard to watch.  She was already gone from HSN when I started watching them.  I hope for those who enjoy her products will still be able to get them.