Respected Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers is no longer going to be on Evine Live.

@wishmoon wrote:

I saw something the other day on my FB page by Suzanne. Forget what it was called but it's along the lines of the NuFace, utilizing microcurrents to uplift the facial muscles. Her device uses two separate prongs that you hold. In the video, she showed how, for instance, she lifted the area below her eyes making that skin tight and how she accentuated her cheekbones using it.

Has anyone purchased this? Thanks in advance.

Hi @wishmoon-

I didn't want your question to go unanswered.  You're talking about the FaceMaster, which has been around for ages.  Remember the Thigh Master?  I'm sure they were going for continuity with the name of these body/face improvement gadgets.  I know she sold a **** load of them over the years.  Some people still swear by her FaceMaster..  Yet... I'm betting the majority are laden with cobwebs & collecting layers of dust.  Due to the need to hold each prong with both hands,  zapping the underlying muscles in repetitive movements on various areas of the face, I've heard it's time consuming-- whereas other gadgets for the same purpose  free up a hand to multi task and are much easier to use.

Plus, I think it runs on electricity vs. batteries, so you're isolated to one spot while performing the recommended routine.  Sounds like a blast.

Occasional Contributor

Start with a search for a store near you that caters to English expats.  No luck?  "Yahoogle" (my made-up word) for any in the US to ship to you.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

I lost faith in her when I realized her regimen of eating carbs at different times from each other was complete hokum. 

Regular Contributor

I lost 30 pounds somersizing...it's not hard or depriving and you eat great food.   don't knock it till you try it.

Honored Contributor

I used her products for a short time and liked them, but when the prices went up I stopped buying. I tried her expensive supplements too for awhile, but they were not effective for me.

Valued Contributor

I never understood whom SS was kidding with her facial products?  She always wore turtlenecks to hide her throat and bangs past her eyebrows to hide the lines we all have/get. She certainly wasn't fooling me.  Surgery was definitely something she never mentioned in her spiels.

She, in my opinion, was a first class huckster

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I am curious why?  Her stuff was pretty pricey and never a discount on s/h. So maybe sales and who knows what returns were like? I've wanted to try some of her things but the cost was too high. The one time I did buy a TTV one product had leaked out completely and was all over the other products. Evine had me return it and I had to wait for them to get the return before they would send out a replacement. Well, of course, by the time they processed my return, the TTV was out of stock so I was sol. 

@HappyDaze  & snyone else interested, there is a 15% off $125 order Evine coupon on retailmenot in case you are thinking of picking up some items.

I used the coupon for the Isomers Copper P TTV and the SS duo of organic Coconut oil serum.  She's offering some discounts now on her website. Maybe she will offer some better deals & event pricing ongoing. Even if only a semi annual sale. Time to make some lemonade Heart

Have a great weekend!

Suzanne Somers Organics Coconut Oil Moisture Serum Duo - 310-588
310-588- Suzanne Somers Organics Coconut Oil Moisture Serum Duo

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Oh I'm sure Al is a regular prince of a man! Just ask his ex wife! You know, the one he was married to while he was dating the lovely Suzanne,,,,

[eye roll]

One has to wonder why you're bringing up an affair from 1970.

Super Contributor

This is what Suzanne said on Facebook on April 5:

"THANK YOU, EVINE for 7 wonderful years! The people I’ve worked with in Minnesota are some of the nicest people I have encountered in my entire career… from the incredible buying team, to the awesome production crew, to my adorable hosts, all the way up to the executive team. You guys are pros and, of course, I will miss my EVINE customers the most. While it’s the end of this chapter for me at EVINE, all of my product lines are still available at SuzanneSomers.com and I hope you will register on my web site to stay up-to-date on exciting new announcements.
Love, Suzanne"

Trusted Contributor

@Funloving Thanks so much for the answer to my question, I really appreciate you taking the time. Yes, I do remember the ThighMaster! You're probably right, I'll stick with my NuFace. I've only been using it daily for about a week and have found a real difference in my face...probably mostly my imagination! hahaha

Thanks again, have a nice weekend.