Regular Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers - Are you serious???

Noone is being mean.  We are allowed to express our opinion.  She looks ok for 70 but she did look better when she was on EVINE a few months ago.  JUST SAYIN!!   Her vitamins are overpriced and so were the shakes she was selling.  I am tired of people being offended when someone doesnt always say something "NICE".   I just wish she would get off the "rant" of all the aging talk.  We can get those vitamins anywhere.  I wish she would sell her jewelry line again like she did on HSN. 

Respected Contributor

@Trix  It was just awkward, maybe I should of said that, the notes didn't bother me but if you are selling let's say a multi vitamin, you should know what each one does for you.   It was like someone said "here, sell this" not knowing anything about it.

Just me, no authority, no conviction, just ok, maybe somebody will buy because they recognize me.

I always enjoyed her.  I'm really hoping she comes out with jewelry and cooking stuff again.  It will definitely be more fun than the vitamins. I'm hoping she just went on air with stuff she already had and is now going to develop more. 

That said, some of these replies are so mean spirited!  I could never say these things about anyone, celebrity or not!

Contributor

I think i heard something on the news that QVC was buying Evine.  Not sure i didnt hear it all but that they said something regarding how the 2 would be combined?  I wonder how we can find out.

Respected Contributor

How long did she say she has been married?  Recall it has been a long time.

Honored Contributor

Maybe some here are not aware that she is a controversial person. I have made no secret of my distaste for the woman on several levels.

But I have no interest in how she looks and no comment to make about it. I also have no interest in her or anyone else's arsenal of supplements or protein shakes or chatter about aging.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Roxie Pokie wrote:

I think i heard something on the news that QVC was buying Evine.  Not sure i didnt hear it all but that they said something regarding how the 2 would be combined?  I wonder how we can find out.

I think you meant HSN not Evine...................that's all 3 need, one giantic website full of watches!    LOL

Trusted Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

When she was asked how long she was married, she said "we've been together for 50 years". 

Honored Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

@HiLo wrote:

When she was asked how long she was married, she said "we've been together for 50 years". 

They dated for 10 years while Alan was still married, when he got a divorce they married in 1977, just when she got the Three's Company job.

Respected Contributor

I was so glad to see her without that awful filter they used on Evine and her sitting in the chair and not sliding down the front of it. But the big question is that a fake tan on her body or is she really that tan , she  really should know better , and it was not flattering. This all comes from someone that buys her products and has followed her for years , not being mean just honest. And this is the most subdued i have seen her on TV.