Honored Contributor

Re: Suspicious reviews? A259435 - Beenigma....

@StillFuntoShop wrote:

Yikes! I'm starting to wonder about these reviews. Have written several reviews that never made it in. Does the Q or other places reserve the right to only post certain reviews? Is there a posted policy for this? I know some will post that this has never happened to them about not having their reviews posted. I've been a Q customer for over 20 years and am a big online shopper. I pretty much know how to write an appropriate review. Plus, I've seen some odd ones make it through. Puzzling. Reviews are serious business and a company should really have to explain if they are "cooking the books". 

@StillFuntoShop Of course they do.  I no longer write reviews because so many of them don't post. There are many that are against posting standards that still post- like mentioning other brands in the review or even stating that they haven't even tried the product yet- so I just don't trust QVC's review process at all.

Trusted Contributor

And its got dimethicone in it so I can't use it. As jackiethe bear said, the bee venom (and manuka honey) are last on the list of ingredients. Not worth $99 IMHO. I recommend checking out Medicine Mama's bee products. I've been using her Sweet Bee Magic balm for a while now. I found it at my local organic store for about $14. I use a tiny bit and the jar lasts a long time. When I finish this up, I have her Ultra Beauty Balm to try next.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

I don't understand why you think this is suspicious.  I saw several that gave it 5 stars who had more than just the one review. I agree most of those who reviewed showed that was their only review, but they were scattered over numerous dates over about 4 months.  Do you really think someone is making up more than 100 usernames and different reviews and posting them over a period of 4 months?  That seems way to paranoid & far fetched for me.  

Trusted Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

I don't understand why you think this is suspicious.  I saw several that gave it 5 stars who had more than just the one review. I agree most of those who reviewed showed that was their only review, but they were scattered over numerous dates over about 4 months.  Do you really think someone is making up more than 100 usernames and different reviews and posting them over a period of 4 months?  That seems way to paranoid & far fetched for me.  

Yes, I do.  It happens all of the time as others have mentioned.  Not paranoid; just familiar with online marketing techniques.  There are certainly "real" reviewers embedded in there but they look like the minority.  

Trusted Contributor

@UMDTerpFan I saw the dimethicone too and that was a deal breaker for me.  I do love manuka honey for its healing properties so I was intrigued by this product at any price.  I might experiment with my own manuka blended in moisturizers and oils that work for me.  

Occasional Contributor

I have been noticing this for quite a while and it upsets me.  New products/items now most of the time reviewed with a five star rating by a person who joined QVC the same day the product previewed and this is only product they have reviewed.  This is quite obviously a "shill" review and stops me from purchasing the product immediately.  This type of review especially when it is now rampid should be spotted by QVC and stopped.  Very deceiptful policy.

Trusted Contributor

@Feral what bugs me the most is that the product is now considered "Customer Top Rated" because of the high percentage of (fake) 5-star reviews.  So if people search or sort by "customer top rated" beauty items, this will appear on the search even though the reviews are all.  Very deceptive.  

Trusted Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@UMDTerpFan I saw the dimethicone too and that was a deal breaker for me.  I do love manuka honey for its healing properties so I was intrigued by this product at any price.  I might experiment with my own manuka blended in moisturizers and oils that work for me.  

@Mrsq2022, CVS carries Manuka Doctor products. Have you tried any of them? Do you have a specific product that you like? What changes have you seen using manuka honey? I don't think I've tried anything with manuka honey in it yet.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

@UMDTerpFan I buy just the honey from Amazon.  It is not cheap - maybe $50 for a small tub of 500 MGO honey (high quality).  I dip a q-tip in it and up a dab on any pimple, cut/scrape, burn, etc.  Cover with a bandaid and it has incredible healing properties.  It can cure staph infections and sore throats.  I am going to start mixing a little into my moisturizer and see what it does for my skin Smiley Happy   

Honored Contributor

I love manuka organic honey- it is the only kind of honey I use now. Great stuff!