Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Lucci - ridiculously beautiful!

@SharkE wrote:

already stated back in the other posts.

%divaa.jpg

Is this a pic of Lucci, @SharkE, a.k.a. the the way too thin lady with sticks for legs?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

yep

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

yep

@SharkE, thank you. Gee, maybe she should be hospitalized.

sarcasm

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

Yes, Susan Lucci and Jane Fonda look great. Blah, blah, blah. Please remember they are not your average Joe, or, uh, Jane's. 

Jane Fonda has spoken openly about surgery and using testosterone cream. Anyone can easily develop muscles (especially if more naturally thin) using T cream. You can develop muscle using T cream doing zero exercise.  They have the money to employ doctors and monitor their bloodwork everyday if they want to.  There's also human growth hormone. Widely used in Hollywood. It's only probably 10-20K a month 😳😳

I'm growing tired of seeing these people and hearing how great they look. Yes, diet and exercise matter. They can pay whatever for organic food, have someone shop for it, prepare it, and clean it up. Doing a few exercises everyday is no big deal. Are they cleaning their homes, doing laundry, washing their cars, scrubbing patio furniture, etc?  If someone wants to do all that for me I'll gladly exercise everyday. 

They aren't all that special and are not doing anything we all couldn't do in their situation. 

Next!!

I'm not saying that and I'm not bitter. I'm just saying that the adulation given to these celebrities is ridiculous and can be discouraging to others who don't live up to their look. 

I'm naturally thin. I've never dieted a day in my life. I know about T cream because I've used it before. 

But let's be real. Jane Fonda and Susan Lucci have had a lifetime of privilege. As you age, it's virtually impossible to do all the things you need to do and have time and energy to always eat right and exercise. They don't look like they look because of diet and exercise.  Don't think using a Pilates machine will make you look like Susan Lucci. And yes, I'm throwing an extreme out there. I'm sure people don't think it will. You get my drift. 

It's apples to oranges. Show me a regular person in their 60's and 70's without a fat wallet who looks that way and I'll applaud. Many people today are still working when they should be retired and caring for aging parents and grandkids. No, I'm not. Just speaking for those that are. 

Jane Fonda and Susan Lucci look great because of good genes and a life of privilege. That's my point.

Take a look @Reba055@, @ Oprah Winfrey. With all her money; with dietitians, personal trainers, doctors, she can't keep her figure. Money may make it easier; but poor can do it! Movement is key. Brits are now the heaviest and in the poorest health with America almost there. It can be easier with money and privilege, but they don't have access only.

Esteemed Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I heard her talking about her youthful look.  She said she knows it's in her genes, but she definitely works at it as well.  She looks great!  So toned!  Good for her!!  But, I noticed she was on the thin side.  She overdid it, probably for these upcoming presentations.  I know the look.  I can do that too if I get carried away.  Gosh, we are never satisfied!!  LOL

It's said when you get older, you have to choose between your face or your figure. I do believe that. Everybody looks better with a plump face. I keep my weight extra low, and it's not for my figure. Low weight is easy on my joints and heart. If you have arthritis, it eases. It keeps my blood pressure and cholesterol low w/o medication. It's good for my heart. Health and fitness have always been important to me. A nice figure can happen with it, but vanity is not the most important thing.

Susan Lucci is a workhorse. I'm sure she wants good health and to work all her life. In her career, good figure and beauty is necessary. She's a role model for the older woman. I just want to look my age, with earned wrinkles and expression lines, the most healthy body I can have, and to look attractive is a surprise gift that comes with it.

Have not posted in response for a long time... I do not have time nor money... I take care of my hubby with cancer and do not have unlimited finances but your posts seems mean and on the verge of jealous... why so Mean?

Valued Contributor

I understand some have busy lives but working out can be done for short periods and still be beneficial. I don't have a lot of money to go to the gym or buy expensive machines but I work out 6 days a week at home with workout dvds. I'm in my 50's and am in better condition now than ever. Watching what you put in your mouth and exercising is not impossible or hard. If you have a half hour to watch a tv show or socialize on the computer, then you have time to workout. Thirty minutes out of your life just even 3 times a week is doable. Problem is most don't want to do anything about it because they think it's too hard or uncomfortable.

Contributor

scrawny like dr phils wife if i had a million dollars i wouldnot like to look like them

Trusted Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@January121 wrote:

Susan is a beautiful woman & she looks great for her age but, I think she is much too thin ..... she was always thin so, this machine did not do it all .... her legs are so skinny that they look like  two sticks ... she needs to gain a few pounds!!!!

The thinner you are, @January121@, the less you have to fall when gravity strikes. I'm amazed at her arms: although thin, not a wiggle in them @ 69. She has worked long and hard for that figure and needs to be given much credit. Her face and figure is her career as is Jane Fonda. It really does show how aging need not defeat you!  8)

Thank you for a lovely, positive postCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

Cat Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE