Contributor

Superhero Elastic Stretch Volume Mascara on-air demonstration

In an IT show, I Jamie presented the Superhero Elastic StretchVolume Mascara claiming that clinical tests proved ONE swipe of it increased both the length and volume of eyelashes by 500 per cent.

I watched the model applying the mascara to prove this: after she swiped one of her lashes 14 times with the mascara wand, I stopped counting. How do we judge these products with such information? I am looking for a new mascara but wonder about the on-air presentations and claims

Online, Jamie wrote about receiving the award from QVC for best mascara, writing:.

"...in a test, shown to increase the look of lash volume by an average of 500% in just one coat with Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara!" Watch the videos and try to find a "one swipe" demonstration that actually shows one swipe.

Also, in ratings on this same mascara, 1107 reviewers gave it a 3.3 rating. I wonder what rating the #2 most popular mascara received. So confused.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Superhero Elastic Stretch Volume Mascara on-air demonstration

I have short lashes in my older age. Nothing and I do mean nothing has made my lashes appear longer. I use this Superhero mainly because it's the last one I bought. It's just ok. I have given up on having longer looking lashes.
Respected Contributor

@JBSH wrote:

In an IT show, I Jamie presented the Superhero Elastic StretchVolume Mascara claiming that clinical tests proved ONE swipe of it increased both the length and volume of eyelashes by 500 per cent.

I watched the model applying the mascara to prove this: after she swiped one of her lashes 14 times with the mascara wand, I stopped counting. How do we judge these products with such information? I am looking for a new mascara but wonder about the on-air presentations and claims

Online, Jamie wrote about receiving the award from QVC for best mascara, writing:.

"...in a test, shown to increase the look of lash volume by an average of 500% in just one coat with Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara!" Watch the videos and try to find a "one swipe" demonstration that actually shows one swipe.

Also, in ratings on this same mascara, 1107 reviewers gave it a 3.3 rating. I wonder what rating the #2 most popular mascara received. So confused.

"one coat" and "one swipe" are two different things.  One coat is always several swipes in the middle, inside of the eye, outside of the eye, and maybe all of those places again.  No one just swipes their lashes once and they're done with their first coat.  

Esteemed Contributor

I was in Ulta a few weeks ago & got a free sample of Lash Domination by Bare Minerals.I really like it. It really lengthened & thickened my lashes.I've tried Superhero & thought it was just okay. 

Honored Contributor

"one coat" and "one swipe" are two different things.  One coat is always several swipes in the middle, inside of the eye, outside of the eye, and maybe all of those places again.  No one just swipes their lashes once and they're done with their first coat.  

Exactly.  If she actually said, "one swipe", she needs to correct herself.

Respected Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:
I have short lashes in my older age. Nothing and I do mean nothing has made my lashes appear longer. I use this Superhero mainly because it's the last one I bought. It's just ok. I have given up on having longer looking lashes.

@KCDiva, have you tried the mascaras that add fibers to your lashes?  I have not tried them myself.  I was thinking they might add some of the length you want.

My lashes are longish and thin, so I am always looking for volume.  So far, I haven't found a mascara to fatten them up yet.

Valued Contributor

@KCDiva....At night I line my upper lids near the lashline with rapidlash and then lay a coat of Peter Thomas Roth's squalane over it. (Not sure of spelling but I get it from QVC.) I put the squalane in a clean lipgloss container I ordered from "A" online for a couple of dollars. The doefoot applicator makes it easy to do.

Rapidlash used to have the prescription stuff in it that made lashes long but it isn't in there any longer. And I have read on the boards concerns about PTR animal testing. So I wanted to put that out there if it's a concern for you. (I bought my squalane before he sold in china. I know it's old, but I don't use much for my lashes.)

I would guess any squalane product would work. And I have noticed a difference in the length of my lashes.   It takes time to see results but I'm happy with my lash length. HTH.

Honored Contributor

I am a fan of IT's Superhero Elastic Stretch Volume mascara. In fact, I'm on auto-delivery. My second favorite mascara is Benefit's They're Real. It was my absolute favorite since it was launched until IT launched Superhero Elastic Stretch Volume mascara. I only apply 2 coats & it gives me nice volume & length. Any more than 2 coats and it has a tendency to clump, but I've never needed more than 2 coats. I still buy Benefit's They're Real because they have a great blue color that I like to use on my lash tips.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.