Super Contributor

Re: Supergoop - CC Cream - My new Fav! I'll be using this a very long time!!

Why, oh, why do so many products have to use silicones as a base? My skin doesn't like them although I can sometimes get by if they are far down the list. I was really interested in this until I saw the silicones in the ingredient list. Drats! Here are the ingredients for those who are interested.

Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 35 Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (2%), Zinc Oxide (20%)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Chondrus Crispus Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hyaluronate

Respected Contributor

Thanks, cassiem. That could spell a breakout for me, too, as my skin often reacts badly to that much silicone. Drats is right!
Super Contributor

You're welcome, BellaCarro. I wish my skin could tolerate silicones as it would make life so much easier.

Super Contributor

FYI--I have read methylisothiazolinone is not supposed to be used in leave-on products. It is near the deck. Just thought I'd mention it. ~smiles, SnowKita
Super Contributor

So glad to hear the positives about Supergoop. I have this on order and should be here tomorrow. I love Trish Mcevoy's Beauty Balm for it's finish and lasts all day. The only problem is hers contains chemical sunscreens so I always wear Elta MD SPF 46 underneath. This will give me a good choice without the extra sunscreen step. Thank you.
Respected Contributor

Thank you for this post as I will be in the market for a new CC Cream. I am using SSC and it only has an SPF of 15. This sounds like something that I will look into buying.

Contributor

the neutrogena visibly even bb cream got rave reviews from a beauty editor (don't remember which magazine I read it in).

going to try it once i use up my trish mcevoy b.balm

Honored Contributor

It's my favorite CC cream. The light was too dark for me, but Maren let me know they've come out with a Fair/Light version that will probably work for me, so I'm going to pick one up soon.

Respected Contributor

On 8/28/2014 SnowKita said: FYI--I have read methylisothiazolinone is not supposed to be used in leave-on products. It is near the deck. Just thought I'd mention it. ~smiles, SnowKita
Did not know about that, Snowkita. I did a quick search on it and see it's more appropriately used in products that are rinsed off like shampoos, etc. As you point out, it is close to the end of the deck. Of course, no way to know if it is one part per million or more. Ugh, it's always something, isn't it?
Super Contributor

On 8/28/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 8/28/2014 SnowKita said: FYI--I have read methylisothiazolinone is not supposed to be used in leave-on products. It is near the deck. Just thought I'd mention it. ~smiles, SnowKita
Did not know about that, Snowkita. I did a quick search on it and see it's more appropriately used in products that are rinsed off like shampoos, etc. As you point out, it is close to the end of the deck. Of course, no way to know if it is one part per million or more. Ugh, it's always something, isn't it?
BellaCarro, I totally agree with your UGH! That is exactly how I feel. This ingredient or that one is bad....and addIng FRAGRANCE, don't get me started on that.