Respected Contributor

Super Saturday, Special Weekend Event-Like Last Year?

[ Edited ]

Hi, Last year, Lisa was involved with some special weekend charity event where we would get special prices on various items and some of the money was donated to charities?  I purchased the Alex & Ani Bracelets. Is there something like this going on?

My item was shipped on 7/27/14, so it would be this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

Re: Special Weekend Event-Like Last Year?

I copied the following from the Donation Information from the Item that I purchased. Apparently, QVC has been doing this since 2007.

"

When you shop QVC Presents Super Saturday LIVE, there's more in the bag than just designer goods. With your support, hope is in the bag.

Enjoy Sale Prices reflecting half the manufacturer's suggested retail price* on this designer item & more, with 80% of the purchase price** benefitting Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF).

Learn about the impact of your generous support.

*Based upon suppliers' representations of the value. No sales may have been made at these prices.
**Purchase price excludes shipping, handling, and tax. QVC Presents Super Saturday LIVE has generated more than $8.9 million for OCRF since 2007."

Respected Contributor

Re: Special Weekend Event-Like Last Year?

I found out there is one this Saturday.  Unfortunately, nothing really sparks my interest.

Hope you all have fun and it is for a great cause!

http://www.qvc.com/SuperSaturday.content.html?storeId=10251&langId=-1&catalogId=10151&viewType=galle...

Honored Contributor

Re: Super Saturday, Special Weekend Event-Like Last Year?

DogLvr, lol, we had the same idea. I just posted this info on the Wen forum and thought I'd post it here as well. -- bebe Smiley Happy

---

As I remember, the products offered are 50% off of retail (MSRP) price.

This Super Saturday Live! event is this saturday (July 25th) from 2pm-4pm ET.

We used to get advance info from GF but I haven't seen her around since April (where are you GF? I hope you're alright. *s*). 

Once products are presented on the air, they can sell out in 3-7 minutes sometimes.  So if you're not around a TV, your best bet is to keep checking the Beauty forum on your iPhone or iPad. 

Below is more info on this event. You can also click on the photo link to take you to the QVC webpage. Some of the items are already listed. Enjoy!! -- bebe Smiley Happy

--

QVC Presents Super Saturday LIVE Donors

In support of the fight against ovarian cancer, QVC has invited top brand names and companies to donate designer goods for a great cause. This selection of accessories, fashion, beauty, jewelry, and more is offered at Sale Prices reflecting half the manufacturer's suggested retail price*, with 80% of the purchase price** of donated merchandise benefitting Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF). 

*Based upon suppliers' representations of the value. No sales may have been made at these prices.

**Purchase price excludes shipping, handling, and tax. QVC Presents Super Saturday LIVE has generated more than $8.9 million for OCRF since 2007.

Check out the brands that have collaborated with QVC and OCRF this year to make this event a success:

Double Platinum 
HALO®
Perfect Formula

Platinum 
Alex and Ani's Charity by Design
Laura Geller Beauty 
tarte

On-Air 
Bowflex
Calista Tools 
Carolyn Pollack Sterling Jewelry 
Dell™
Dennis Basso 
Dooney & Bourke
Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare®
Dr. Michelle Copeland Skin Care
The Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection
Fit 4 U 
G.I.L.I. got it love it®
Henri Bendel
Honora
Isaac Mizrahi Live!™ 
IT Cosmetics®
Josie Maran Cosmetics 
Judith Ripka
Perricone MD
Peter Thomas Roth
philosophy
Selfie on a Stick
själ Skincare 
skinnytees™
Supergoop!
Tula
Vionic® with Orthaheel® Technology 
WEN by Chaz Dean
Women with Control® 

QVC.com
Boy Meets Girl®
Georgie Beauty 
Julie Brown 
Rolf Bleu 
St. Tropez
Steel by Design®
Susan Graver 

--

Related Links

Note: not all of the above links are working, but if you click on the small photo page link (to Shop The Event) they are all listed on the left hand side of the page.

--

• QVC Presents Super Saturday LIVE
  • #KeepinItTeal
  • Trending Now
  • QVC Presents Super Saturday LIVE
  • #KeepinItTeal
  • Trending Now

---

Honored Contributor

Does this mean that there's Alex and Ani in this year's sale too?

Trusted Contributor

Has anyone tried this product by Peter Thomas Roth??

Peter Thomas Roth De-Spot Plus Dark Spot Lightener  J7809

Honored Contributor

The Alex and Ani bracelet set is already up for purchase.  If you want it, you better buy it.

QVC slowly rolls out items so even if you don't see anything right now, you need to keep checking and they will load more stuff right as the show starts tomorrow.  I don't think they get a lot of inventory so if you buy it, like Shoes on Sale, you have to nab it quick.

Sandra will be the host for the event and has been previewing things on her FB page all week.  There were a couple of LOGO items that have already sold out.    

Occasional Contributor

Yes, It's tomorrow. July 25, 2015 from 2-4. You can preview the products that are available now on QVC.com, just type Super Saturday in the search.
Valued Contributor

Yes, I was not impressed.  It did nothing to help my dark spots!

Super Contributor

I am so psyched about the själ skincare set!!! Amazing value and as a huge fan of the cleanser, I cannot wait to try the toner and the cream. Ordered my set this morning.