Valued Contributor

Super Oily Skin Help! New foundation..

Alright ladies I am on the hunt for a new makeup routine. With the sale of Tarte to an oversea's company I am super bummed to say I have to switch routines. I am a 100% devoted to 100% cruelty free companies and we all know that although Tarte will still be cruelty free, it's sales will directly go towards animal testing in other countries (boo).

So, on that note, I need to decide on a new liquid foundation, powder and finishing powder. I'm a big fan of minerals, all natural, "good for you ingredients" and makeup with skincare benefits. I'm looking for products that don't clog your pores and are paraban, talc, paraffin, dimethicone, and mineral oil FREE. I've done a ton of research on a bunch of various companies and it's products (ingredients, reviews on multiple websites and blogs, PETA approved, etc).

Has anyone used Josie maran cosmetics, Skinn cosmetics or Silk oil of morocco cosmetics? Those seem to be the brands that are really sticking out to me. I'm also curious on BareMinerals new serum foundation, however many reviews said this can lead to more oily skin so I'm not so sure. Any other brands/products you all suggest for ridiculously oily skin? I'd love to know Smiley Happy

I'm thinking of trying out JM's tinted moisturizer with BareMinerals's matte powder?

For everyone's knowledge I have SUPER oily and sensitive skin. I.e.: if I don't use the correct products my entire face will be an oil slick within 2 hours in the winter, in the summer I'm lucky if i get an hour with no oil. Anything with "dimethicone" or "polydimethylsiloxane" only makes me more oily, however if the product has dimethicone crosspolymers or "peg 10 dimethicone" my skin tends to be OK with that.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Super Oily Skin Help! New foundation..

Hi, Caitlin, I'll tell you what I am using. I too have very oily skin and used mineral makeup for years. But then a little over 2 years ago I decided to try some other lines I found here (Laura Geller BnB, Tarte BB Cream, IT Celebration Foundation and CC Cream, and a few other drug store brands of liquid foundation). Couldn't get an exact color match in the LG. At first I loved the Tarte BB Cream but then it broke me out. Finally I found after much testing that whenever I wore any type of liquid foundation it just settled into my fine lines at the end of the day and didn't work on my oily skin. So I decided to go back to mineral makeup. I had tried many brands in the past and Everyday Minerals was my favorite. I still had some left and have been using it successfully for several months.

This online company is 100% cruelty free and you can get free samples (only pay for shipping) of their foundation, finishing powders, and blush to find your type and color. They often have sales on things and is quite affordable with good customer service. This wears well on my oily skin without settling into my lines, and perhaps it would work for you too. Good luck!

Valued Contributor

thanks soonersis! i'll check them out

Respected Contributor

I second them. You get a lot of bang for your buck and it is just AWESOME!

everydayminerals.com

Frequent Contributor

I am super oily too, especially in this Texas summer! I am on birth control and a script called Spironolactone to help control the oil. You name the brand and I've tried it. Lately I have been using Bobbi Brown's BB cream since it is geared toward oiler skinned people. Right before school let out, I was in Ulta and the Philosophy rep was there. She introduced me to their Total Matteness serum and a Matte makeup primer. I bought the serum and really think it helps. They were out of the primer so I might go back before school starts to check on it again. I am a teacher and hate the idea of standing in front of my high school students while looking like an oil spill! And you know how kind teenagers are about such things! Smiley Happy I don't know about Bobbi Brown/Estee Lauder testing but I know that combo is working right now for me. Hope it helps and good luck.
Honored Contributor

Last week I purchased JM's tinted moisturizer. If you are fair or light I doubt it will work for you. The Fair was yellow and the Light 1 was yellow/orange. I returned the product for a refund. Maybe organic will be a good choice for you.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I recommend Hourglass. They have a website. I have used their Immaculate and Veil Mineral Foundations, and, the Veil Primer. They are great!

Super Contributor

I use Trish Mc Evoy's BB instant solutions it is a primer, brightens, evens, hydrates, controls oil, retexturizes & protects spf 35.
Super Contributor

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation works great for me. Also a good powder is essential. I like a loose powder by Jane (cheap and sold at Target.)
Valued Contributor

thank you all so much!!! i'm going to do more research on these products & see what i'll try!