Honored Contributor

Very dark tans look harsh, IMHO. Rarely does the skin look good. Fake tans (AKA spray tans) rarely look the shade of normal skin. It screams FAKE. Yes, the hosts skin look fake/dirty to me.

Some people get darker than their non-tan color very quickly (two of my sons are like that) and the color is a gorgeous bronze. However, it's skin damage, plain and simple when it happens.

A close friend is a competitive body builder. She refuses to look orange so instead of the bottle/spray tan, her mom and sisters buff her body with mineral makeup. They purchase a large amount of it, dump in into large containers and using body powder brushes, they buff her body with the body makeup. She stands out due to the fact she doesn't look orange, lol! It's time consuming but it stays on under the lights and she uses shower oil then soap to remove it after the competition. She's fair to light skin naturally with blond hair so they use a color that looks natural for her complexion. 

Yeah, not a fan of super dark tans. 

Honored Contributor

I think Misty on JTV looks horrible, her tan is so fake and dark, she looks ridiculous, painful to look at her.