Respected Contributor

I don't care what kind of tan you have, if your face is too dark you look awful. Jennifer has entirely too much tan on her face nd so does Misty on JTV.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

Okay I have been wondering about all the tanning on either hosts (on all the shopping channels) and the vendors....they are selling lot's of times skincare lines...telling us to stay out of the sun but clearly they aren't doing that.  Don't get me wrong to my eye from TV they look good...I don't notices dry wrinkled skin from it....but I don't think these are faux tans either.  They must be going to tanning beds to keep that going.

I have rosacea so tanning is out of the question for me....perhaps there are products out there now that don't make you look orange (been there done that long ago) and you smell so bad during the developing process...and then 2days later you look like a speckled lizard from it LOL!  that has been my experience and I can't deal with any of it.  I am so exhausted from all the other beauty things I do now just to maintain.

I have a close friend who tans super dark like Antonella here on the Q or Misty on JTV...that recently when my husband saw her (he hadn't seen her in awhile) he just couldn't stop gushing about how great she is looking...(he never saw her tan like that before) so tans really seem to get people's compliments and attention.

Kristen here at the Q also is super tan...tanning beds or are they claiming faux tans?? I just don't believe it...thoughts?

Because of their heritage or DNA, some of the hosts are dark anyway.    Darker than my skin, which is like a redhead.    I am very pale white.   I don't think Antonella or Kirsten are light, they both may be medium without tanning of any kind.    Kirsten's skin is beautiful at any shade.   Antonella looks like she has that beautiful olive toned Mediterranean shade naturally. 

I use Jergens Natural Glow.   I am no way dark using it but I'm not blinding white either.

Love the Jergens, a very natural look.

Respected Contributor

think Tan Mom...not a good look.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I'm not a fan of super dark tans no matter how it's achieved.  Rarely if ever watch QVC anymore so I'm not familiar with even who the hosts are, much less what they look like.  I'm sure I'd look better with a little sun but for the most part, I like my creamy white (and smooth) skin tone Smiley Happy  If a person can actually be allergic to the sun...that's me! Smiley Wink

I'm really not a fan of the [you-know-it's-faux] tan look at all! I think @suzyQ3 mentioned the word, comic.

Honored Contributor

Whether this is true or a sales spiel, I don't know.  But Jennifer claims to use the Josie Maran tanning oil.  Kerstin has also talked about using self-tanners but she also seems to be a very outdoors girl.

Amy has said she uses self-tanner. She talked about how she doesn't always do a good job applying around her ankles and feet and it gets mottled.  LOL

Misty Mills on JTV is crazy dark. That is way overboard.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Whether this is true or a sales spiel, I don't know.  But Jennifer claims to use the Josie Maran tanning oil.  Kerstin has also talked about using self-tanners but she also seems to be a very outdoors girl.

Amy has said she uses self-tanner. She talked about how she doesn't always do a good job applying around her ankles and feet and it gets mottled.  LOL

Misty Mills.... That just sounds like the name of a person who overtans @Lipstickdiva

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Misty Mills.... That just sounds like the name of a person who overtans @Lipstickdiva

@Irshgrl31201, I cannot stop laughing.  Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't tan (real or faux).  I look better pale.

Valued Contributor

I used to tan all the time, in the beds (regrettably).  My skin has paid that price for sure.  I was so dark for a lighter skinned person with freckles, I thought I looked good. I was also 22 yrs old and had no clue how stupid I probably looked.  Thankfully, I grew out of that and I have used San Tropez,  J Beard tan mask, and Tan Towels, particularly on my legs, but not to the extent that I did when I was "fake baking".  Only just to give a hint of a tan.  There are obviously certain genetics that people have reagrding whether they tan dark (naturally) or not at all, but the way over the top is just silly looking.  They remind me of my old Barbie doll (Sun Tan Malibu Barbie) who, if you put her in the sun for an extended period of time she would tan.  It was fake looking on the doll, and it is fake looking on humans.

Respected Contributor

My guess is that they are getting profesionnally spray tanned. They may use some of the tanning products that they are selling on air in between a spray tan. However, I doubt seriously that their tans are coming from a regular self tanner.Another thing take a good look at their hands. They are definitely professionally done. Lisa Robertson used to do her own because you could see the the self tanner on her knuckles and cuticles.