Respected Contributor

Okay I have been wondering about all the tanning on either hosts (on all the shopping channels) and the vendors....they are selling lot's of times skincare lines...telling us to stay out of the sun but clearly they aren't doing that.  Don't get me wrong to my eye from TV they look good...I don't notices dry wrinkled skin from it....but I don't think these are faux tans either.  They must be going to tanning beds to keep that going.

I have rosacea so tanning is out of the question for me....perhaps there are products out there now that don't make you look orange (been there done that long ago) and you smell so bad during the developing process...and then 2days later you look like a speckled lizard from it LOL!  that has been my experience and I can't deal with any of it.  I am so exhausted from all the other beauty things I do now just to maintain.

I have a close friend who tans super dark like Antonella here on the Q or Misty on JTV...that recently when my husband saw her (he hadn't seen her in awhile) he just couldn't stop gushing about how great she is looking...(he never saw her tan like that before) so tans really seem to get people's compliments and attention.

Kristen here at the Q also is super tan...tanning beds or are they claiming faux tans?? I just don't believe it...thoughts?

Respected Contributor

I've been wondering the same thing.  If they're faux, WHAT IS IT they're using?  It looks great!!!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Valued Contributor

I think they may be getting "spray tans". You stand in a tanning booth wearing skimpy top and bottom and they spray your body with a spray gun similar to what you would spray your house with but the mist is finer. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Esteemed Contributor

The super dark tans look good on teens or college age students only as they don't yet have visible sun damage yet. But the damage is there. Fast forward 5, 10, 20 years and the leathery skin is visible and not fixable either.

Just look at the videoclips of Suzanne Somers with host Jane Treacy to see the extreme difference in their complexions. Jane isn't tan and has a smooth skin texture. 

Suzanne has leathery looking skin.

Honored Contributor

I happened to catch the Nest person (Ms. Slatkin) a couple days ago. I had to do a double-take because she was so tan that, IMO, it looked very strange, even comic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

Okay I have been wondering about all the tanning on either hosts (on all the shopping channels) and the vendors....they are selling lot's of times skincare lines...telling us to stay out of the sun but clearly they aren't doing that.  Don't get me wrong to my eye from TV they look good...I don't notices dry wrinkled skin from it....but I don't think these are faux tans either.  They must be going to tanning beds to keep that going.

I have rosacea so tanning is out of the question for me....perhaps there are products out there now that don't make you look orange (been there done that long ago) and you smell so bad during the developing process...and then 2days later you look like a speckled lizard from it LOL!  that has been my experience and I can't deal with any of it.  I am so exhausted from all the other beauty things I do now just to maintain.

I have a close friend who tans super dark like Antonella here on the Q or Misty on JTV...that recently when my husband saw her (he hadn't seen her in awhile) he just couldn't stop gushing about how great she is looking...(he never saw her tan like that before) so tans really seem to get people's compliments and attention.

Kristen here at the Q also is super tan...tanning beds or are they claiming faux tans?? I just don't believe it...thoughts?

Because of their heritage or DNA, some of the hosts are dark anyway.    Darker than my skin, which is like a redhead.    I am very pale white.   I don't think Antonella or Kirsten are light, they both may be medium without tanning of any kind.    Kirsten's skin is beautiful at any shade.   Antonella looks like she has that beautiful olive toned Mediterranean shade naturally. 

I use Jergens Natural Glow.   I am no way dark using it but I'm not blinding white either.

Honored Contributor

Most likely they are spray tans...airbrushed to look flawless.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to add, I think Antonella spends time outside, doesn't she own & ride horses?

Honored Contributor

Re: Super Dark Tans

[ Edited ]

I'm not a fan of super dark tans no matter how it's achieved.  Rarely if ever watch QVC anymore so I'm not familiar with even who the hosts are, much less what they look like.  I'm sure I'd look better with a little sun but for the most part, I like my creamy white (and smooth) skin tone Smiley Happy  If a person can actually be allergic to the sun...that's me! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I'm sure that most of the time it's a spray tan. I did notice tan lines on Josie Maran yesterday. I think Kirsten skin does look very nice with a tan. I know someone will shame me for this, but I look better when I have some color. I do have Cherokee Indian in me from my maternal grandma, so I tan easily and I don't even have to be out in the sun very long. I rarely burn.