Super Contributor

I have to think this has come up before, but I'm relatively new here.

What do you think about the fake tan look?

I know the hosts probably need to do this to promote the summertime look, but in real life, do you see it?

Respected Contributor

Not a fake tan fan. I'm fair skinned and I like it even in the summer. Many fake tans look obvious!

Honored Contributor

Some of the hosts and models at HSN last week were using some product that was so streaked and such a strange color, they looked like a whole new race.  I've never seen humans that color before.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Suntan Fakery

[ Edited ]

Could have been yesterday........One vendor's beautiful assistant looked overly 'tanned'.  I won't mention who.  

Still beautiful, but very self-'tanned'.  At least the color wasn't at all orange-ish.  Just a dark-ish tan. 

Keep in mind that I like this person.  Always a great job, describing details, prints, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I remember on one episode of "Below Deck" the stews had to clean a couch that had a perfect silhouette of a guest who had used a self tanner and had been sitting there. She left half of whatever she used on that white couch! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor
Some of them look like the are Oompa Loompas!
Honored Contributor

I use Jergens "light" self tanner on my legs because they're so white that they glow in the dark. It doesn't look fake to me since it's a very light color. 

Otherwise, I'm not a fake tan person. I work outside a lot in nice weather and get a little bit of tan from that.

Trusted Contributor

I cannot be in the sun anymore. I have had some cancers removed along with lasers and RF Micoroneedling done multiple times. I love the look of being tanned and have learned that it is a fine line between a healthy-looking glow and looking like an Oompa Loompa. 

Different products work better on me than others, so finding the one that makes you look natural can be a process. 

Honored Contributor

In the olden days tans were only had by poor people,rich women carried parasols.

Maybe it's much to early in the game,ah but I thought I'd ask you just the same
Honored Contributor

Re: Suntan Fakery

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 StarTrek make up artsts worked hard to give Nimoy the appearance of green skin. Just a thought.

Maybe it's much to early in the game,ah but I thought I'd ask you just the same