Honored Contributor

I don't wear sunscreen...I stay mostly indoors.  I do go out 2-3 times a week & sunbathe for 30 min (15/15) for Vitamin D purposes.  

I do believe putting & baking all the chemicals on your skin can't be good.  It gives everyone a false sense of security.  

I'm a big proponent of EATING my sunscreen via fruits, veggies high in antioxidants.   Never burn.  Go to the derm every year...no problems. 

Respected Contributor

I have worn sunscreen for years around my eyes and on my face. Right now I use IT CC cream with the SPF of 50 and Skinn eye cream (the new one with the luminizer SPF30. No special cleansing, I use the Skinn AM and PM cleansers daily. I hve worn the sunscreen for over 20 years dail and my skin looks great. I do not have any lines around my eyes or a wrinkle on my face and I am 57. I read an article about a year ago that said studies have shown that sunscreen can actually help reverse the signs of aging. It was a scientific study done at a university. I would follow your Derm's recommendation for sure.

Frequent Contributor

I had to have MOHS surgery in January for skin cancer which was caused by sun exposure (duh!).  I have worn sunscreen for years but my cancer was caused by accumulated sun exposure starting when I was a kid. I use Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil and then CeraVe to cleanse at night.  This combination really cuts through the products I use on my face everyday.  I use to use a Clairasonic and CeraVe but it caused broken caps so I stopped using it and went to the double cleanse.  

Respected Contributor

I had a Clarisonic Mia but it was too harsh for me. Rencently I purchased the Foreo Luna Mini a HSN TS. I really like this little thing. It is very gentle and my skin feels so smooth.

Honored Contributor

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:
HappyDaze, that's true for regular sunscreen, but you need a cleansing oil to remove the type that are highly water resistant. I have yet to rub or sweat off the ones from Shiseido with zinc oxide, and without an oil, I'd still have some on even after five washings. That stuff sticks like glue.

I suppose it depends on what type of cleanser you are using. I've used all kinds of sunscreen and all types of facial cleansers and never had an issue getting them off, even the water resistant kind. I even used to use Shiseido and at that time, I wasn't using an oil cleanser and still was able to remove it all.

I use a typical foaming cleanser.  Not all of the Shiseido sunscreens are highly water resistant the way the ZO ones are, and they do recommend a heavy-duty makeup remover to get it off.  Even with oily skin, heat, humidity and blotting, that stuff sticks like glue.  There are other resistant sunscreens, and they come off easily.  This is a different animal entirely.

I understand. I only use ZO and/or TD sunscreens (I don' t use chemical sunscreens)  and know which Shiseido you are speaking of and have used them all. I was just stating that I've never had the issue with removing it like you have. Just different people with different skin types and apparently different cleansers with different abilities to remove the sunscreen. Smiley Happy